Getting Started in Distance Learning Courses
How do I enroll?
Register and pay for your distance learning courses as you would any traditional SCC course – either in person, by mail or through SCC Connection online registration. If you feel that you are not proficient at computer or Internet use, you may wish to take a non-credit personal computer class such as MIC 103-30 (Introduction to PCs) or MIC 122-30 (Mastering the Internet) prior to enrolling in an online class. For more information, contact the Division of Corporate and Community Development at 636-922-8233.
What do I do after I enroll?
- View the course requirements for online/hybrid courses in SCC Connection or the Distance Learning Course Page.
- Purchase your textbooks and study guides from the campus Bookstore in person, online or by telephone and have them mailed for an additional charge. Be sure to mention you are in a distance learning course since textbooks sometimes vary from on-campus classes.
- Check out the videotapes/CDs from the college library for your teleweb, video or telecourse. See our library hours. (May require student ID.)
- There may be a face-to-face orientation for your online course. Please check in SCC Connection or the Distance Learning Course Page to confirm this. If you have questions, contact the Distance Learning Office at 636-922-8470.
- Contact the SCC Help Desk if you have any technical issues accessing your online/hybrid course. 636.922.8555
- Use the support services available to you, including the ACE Center and the Library.
- Online and hybrid courses are opened and available to students one week prior to the start of each semester. Your instructor should have a tentative syllabus posted in their online/hybrid course. If you do not see a syllabus contact your instructor or the Distance Learning Center at 636.922.8470.