Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Department: Computer Science – Computer Programming
Total Credit Hours: 18 credits
An accelerated Certificate of Specialization program that includes six computer science courses in programming and program design to be completed in six months. Each student will work in a cohort taking two courses every eight weeks. At the end of each eight-week session, a test covering the programming language will be given and if passed earns the student an industry-recognized certification.
SCC Institutional Requirements
- Complete specific program requirements as listed below.
- Complete a minimum of 15 credit hours or the certificate requirements whichever is less at SCC.
- Earn a 2.00 cumulative grade point average.
|General Education Requirements (0 credits)|
|Core Course Requirements (18 credits)|
|First Eight Weeks (6 credits)|
|CPT 135||Python Programming||3|
|CPT 165||Computer Programming Logic||3|
|Second Eight Weeks (6 credits)|
|CPT 181||SQL Basics||3|
|CPT 189||Java Programming||3|
|Third Eight Weeks (6 credits)|
|CPT 287||Advanced Java Programming||3|
|CPT 200||System Analysis and Design||3|
|Total Required Hours: 18 credits|
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Computer Applications C.A.
- Computer Science Transfer Program Schedule Guide
- Computer Security C.S.
- Cyber Security A.A.S.
- Cyber Security A.S.
- Cyber Security C.S.
- Data Management C.A.
- Database Management A.A.S.
- Desktop Support C.S.
- IT Project Management C.S.
- Management Information Systems A.A.S.
- Management Information Systems A.S.
- Multimedia and Web Design A.A.S.
- Multimedia C.A.
- Multimedia C.S.
- Network Security A.A.S.
- Networking (Routing & Switching) C.S.
- Networking A.A.S.
- Networking C.A.
- System Administration C.S.
- Web Design C.A.
- Web Development C.S.
- Web Media C.S.