Visited Pages Headline
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Practical Nursing C.A.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Practical Nursing C.A.
Department: Practical Nursing Program
Total Credit Hours: 50 credits
The practical nursing program at SCC teaches students to provide direct care for patients through classroom and campus laboratory work as well as on-site training in hospital, geriatric and other health care settings.
The practical nursing program is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Licensure Exam for Practical Nurses. However, completion of this program does not guarantee licensure. The state board may refuse licensure to applicants who may jeopardize the well-being of Missouri citizens.
"The Missouri State Board of Nursing may refuse to issue any certificate of registration or authority, permit or license required pursuant to this chapter for one or any combination of causes stated in subsection 2 of this section. (1-14) 1990." RSMO 335.066.
|General Education Requirements (17 credits)|
|Communication||ENG 096 or
|Developmental Writing II or
English Composition I
|Social Science||PSY 101
SOC 151 or
SOC 251 or
|Into to Psychology
Aspect of Aging or
Psychology of Aging
|Natural Science||BIO 250A/250B
|Anatomy & Physiology I
Anatomy & Physiology II
|Core Course Requirements (33 credits)|
|NPN 100||Personal & Vocational Concepts||1|
|NPN 101/111/121||Fundamentals of Nursing||7|
|NPN 102/112||Maternal Child Nursing||6|
|NPN 151/161/171||Medical-Surgical Nursing I||11|
|NPN 152/162/172||Medical-Surgical Nursing II||8|
|Total Required Hours: 50 credits|
For more information, contact 636-922-8280.
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Skills Evaluation
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Clinical Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- Hearing Instrument Specialist
- IV Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing
- Medical Lab Technician
- Medical Transcription
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Paraprofessional Studies A.A.S.
- Paraprofessional Studies Autism Specialist A.A.S.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Clinical
- Pre-Environmental Health and Safety A.S.
- Pre-Health Professions Suggested Transfer Program (Medical, Dental, Optometry, Veterinary) Schedule Guide
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing
- Radiology Technologist
- Registered Nurse First Assistant
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Hours may vary during summer – please call to confirm.