Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Department: Health Occupations
Dates: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Jan. 30 - Apr. 19, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Jan. 24
Textbook & Drug Cards:
- "National Pharmacy Technician Training Manual," 8th Ed. by Schafermeyer, Williams
- "Sigler's Prescription Drug Cards," 33rd Ed.
A pharmacy technician is qualified for employment in retail pharmacies, hospitals, long term care pharmacies and licensed prescription vendors. This 12-week course, taught by a registered pharmacist, provides the classroom instruction necessary to be a successful pharmacy technician. The class focuses on prescription drug processing, drug classifications, physiology, drug interactions, pharmacy calculations, medical terminology and compounding.
Students must be at least 17 years of age and be able to provide documentation of High School Graduation or GED/HiSET Completion in order to register for this course.
Students who are successful in this course will receive a certificate of completion from St. Charles Community College (SCC) and be eligible to apply for national certification (either the PTCB or ExCPT). SCC does not offer these certification exams on campus or as part of the pharmacy technician curriculum. Students interested in learning more about these certifications can contact the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board by calling 1-800-363-8012 or going to https://www.ptcb.org/.
Registration is done in the Nursing & Allied Health Office (#1 Academy Place, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368). Office hours are from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Hours may vary, please call to confirm.
Please bring the following when you come in to register –
- Copy of high school diploma or GED/HiSET certificate.
This is a non-credit, certificate course. Tuition is due at time of registration and is non-refundable and non transferable.
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Skills Evaluation
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Clinical Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing with Applied PCS
- Registered Nurse First Assistant
Sue Propper or Kerry Thompson,
Hours may vary. Please email to confirm.