St. Charles Community College, Department of Nursing supports the concept of articulation and has formulated a plan whereby Licensed Practical Nurses may request advanced standing in the Associate Degree of Nursing program offered by the College. LPNs may "BRIDGE" into the ADN program by successfully completing the admission requirements as outlined below.
Admission to the Bridge program will be based on a comprehensive review of applicants' materials; the Bridge Admission Committee will review applicants' materials and communicate final decisions at the close of each semester. The demanding curriculum of the ADN program prepares graduates for the national licensing examination (NCLEX) and to perform safe nursing care in clinical situations; therefore, admission is selective.
Students must meet with an Allied Health Advisor (636-922-8720) to initiate the application process or schedule an appointment using the link above. All criteria must be completed in order to APPLY for the Bridge program.
Bridge Programs Application Deadlines
Deadline* Program Start
March 20th Fall
October 20th Spring
*If the application deadline falls on a weekend,
applications are due the Friday preceding the 20th.
At the time of application:
- Students will be placed in an applicant pool. Admission is selected
- Students are expected to pay a $25 non-refundable application fee.
- Payments can be made at the Student Accounts Office (ADM 1119) or over the phone at (636) 922-8231.
Step 1 - Apply to St. Charles Community College and Complete Assessments
- Students must complete the assessment test and/or submit official transcripts for English and math courses passed with a grade of "C" or better.
- Students must have all official transcripts on file and complete the "Request for Transcript Evaluation" form in your mySCC Portal PRIOR to applying.
- Sign into your SCC Portal>Quick Links>eForms>Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit - complete the required information and click submit.
- Students must successfully complete any required developmental coursework (RDG 085, 092, 093; ENG 095, 096; MAT 096, 098) or equivalent ESL required courses.
Step 2 - Prerequisite Course Requirements
- Anatomy and Physiology I must be successfully completed with a "C" or better to apply for the Bridge program.
- Chemistry, Psychology, English Composition I, and Anatomy and Physiology II must be completed prior to starting the LPN to RN Bridge program.
- Students enrolled in one or more of these courses in the semester prior to the Bridge program start must show proof of their enrollment. Admission to the program will be contingent on final grade for the course(s).
- English Composition II, Sociology, History or Political Science, and Microbiology must be completed prior to starting NUR 255.
- We recommend completing all general education courses prior to starting the program.
- All required science courses must be completed with a "C" or better. Completed science courses cannot be older than 5 years old at the time of admission.
Step 3 - LPN License & Experience
- Applicants must have a current undisciplined LPN license for the state of Missouri with IV certification.
- Applicants should have at least 6 months of work experience as an LPN.