National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements


What is NC-SARA and what does it mean for me?

St Charles Community College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA helps expand students’ access to educational opportunities and ensures more efficient, consistent, and effective regulation of distance learning programs. 

St Charles Community College is also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. HLC accreditation, along with transfer agreements with colleges and universities, assures the value of credits earned at SCC. To find more information about this and individual program accreditations, please visit the Accreditation & Approvals page on our website.

Where does SCC offer online courses and programs?

As a member institution, St Charles Community College is authorized to offer its online courses and programs to students who are residents of any of the other SARA participating state which includes 49 member states, as well as the District of Columbia, the US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Although California is not a SARA participating state, the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education does not regulate out-of-state public institutions. Therefore, no action is required, and St Charles Community College complies with California regulations.

How can I find the online programs offered by SCC?

Please go to SCC Online to see all our fully online degrees and certificates. You will be able to view information about each degree, the course requirements, transfer opportunities, career outlook, and a pathway map for completing your degree.

How do I enroll in an online program at SCC?

First, you will want to complete the online application and check out the New Student Checklist. You might want to look at the various pathways for degrees and Then you can meet with an Academic Advisor or use SCC’s Student Planner to plan and register for your courses.

How do I report and resolve a complaint?

At SCC, we strive to ensure your online student experience is a great one and you achieve academic success! However, if you have a concern that needs to be addressed at the college-level, you do have options. Here are some resources so that you know where to go with your particular concern.

Step 1: Please follow the SCC procedure for addressing academic concerns so that we may resolve this in a timely manner. Use the following resources to help with that process.

Step 2: If a student is dissatisfied with the resolution offered by SCC, they may contact the Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development (301 W High Street, Suite 840, Jefferson City, MO 65101).

Step 3: If you do not live in an NC-SARA state or your concern is still not resolved, you may contact your home state NC-SARA portal entity.

What if I live in California where SARA does not apply?

If you live in California, you will need to go to the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs. You may also reach them by email at and by calling 833-942-1120.

SCC logo

4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive
Cofttleville, MO 63376

© 2024 St. Charles Community College.