Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Total Credit Hours: 65-69 credits
This Associate of Science in Pre-Pharmacy degree program prepares students to transfer to a pharmacy school. Because requirements vary at each pharmacy school, students should check with their advisor and the institution they plan to transfer to ensure they are enrolled in the correct courses.
SCC Institutional Requirements
- Complete specific program requirements as listed below.
- Complete a minimum of 15 credit hours at SCC.
- Earn a 2.00 cumulative grade point average.
|General Education Requirements (39-42 credits)|
|Mathematics||MAT 180||Calculus and Analytic Geometry||5|
|English Composition I
English Composition II
|Social Science||U.S. History or Government||3|
|Natural Science||CHM 115
|General Chemistry I
General Biology I
|Elective**||4 of the listed
|See course descriptions in catalog**||12-15|
|Core Course Requirements (26-27 credits)|
|General Biology II
Anatomy & Physiology I and lab
|General Chemistry II
Organic Chemistry I
Organic Chemistry II
Organic Chemistry lab
|Physics||PHY 150/153||General Physics I with lab||4|
|College Requirement (1 credit)|
|COL 101||College Success Seminar||1|
|BIO 251A/251B||Anatomy & Physiology II With lab||4|
|CHM 222||Quantitative Analysis||3|
|ECO 110 or 120||Micro or Macro Economics||3|
|HIM 110||Medical Terminology||3|
|PHY 151/154||General Physics II With Lab||4|
|PSY 101||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|SOC 101||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Total Required Hours: 66-69 credits|
* The Academic Skills Assessment or appropriate ACT scores are required before enrolling math or English classes.
** Check with transfer institution to see which courses are required.
- COL 101 is an SCC requirement for all first-time college students.
The bolded courses are required for application to SIUE, STL COP and UMKC pharmacy schools. All other courses are required for one or more of the listed pharmacy schools.
Suggested Schedule Planning
|First Semester (17 credits)|
|MAT 180||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I*||5|
|CHM 115||General Chemistry I||5|
|ENG 101||English Composition I*||3|
|SPE 101||Oral Communication||3|
|COL 101||College Success Seminar||1|
|Second Semester (16-17 credits)|
|CHM 116||General Chemistry II||5|
|BIO 150||General Biology I||5|
|ENG 102||English Composition II||3|
|Third Semester (16 credits)|
|BIO 151||General Biology||5|
|CHM 240||Organic Chemistry I||3|
|PHY 150/153||General Physics I and Lab||4|
|BIO 250A/250B||Anatomy and Physiology I and Lab||4|
|Fourth Semester (16-20 credits)|
|CHM 241||Organic Chemistry II (Spring only)||3|
|CHM 243||Organic Chemistry Lab (Spring only)||2|
|HIS/POL||U.S. History or Government||3|
|Total Hours Required for Graduation: 66-69 credits|
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Skills Evaluation
- Biology A.S.
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Chemistry A.S.
- Clinical Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing
- Medical Transcription
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Paraprofessional Studies A.A.S.
- Paraprofessional Studies Autism Specialist A.A.S.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Clinical
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Environmental Health and Safety A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing
- Registered Nurse First Assistant