Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Patient Care Technician
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Patient Care Technician
Department: Health Occupations
Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) work alongside nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals to provide direct patient care in a hospital setting. Students are trained to perform clinical skills such as monitoring and recording vital signs, assisting with mobility and activities of daily living, basic respiratory care, obtaining specimens, heat and cold applications, pre- and post-operative care and other tasks related to direct patient care.
This accelerated training program combines classroom and lab instruction with clinical training. The lecture portion is online, lab time is on the SCC - Dardenne Creek Campus, and clinical hours are at one of our partner facilities. The training satisfies the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services requirements for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
St. Charles Community College is proud to partner with SSM Health and BJC HealthCare to offer the PCT program. Selected students will be hired by one of these partners and complete the coursework as employee of the health system.
See below for information on our spring classes and partner contact information.
- Course Dates: Coming Soon!
- Recruitment Dates:
- Participating Hospitals: SSM St. Joseph Hospital - Lake St. Louis, SSM St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles, SSM St. Joseph Hospital - Wentzville
If interested in the SSM program, contact Scott Hampton at 314-994-6214.
- Course Dates:
- Summer: July 11 - Aug. 28, 2022
- Fall: Oct. 3 - Nov. 18, 2022
- Recruitment Dates: Going on now!
- Participating Hospitals: Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, Progress West Hospital
If interested in the BJC program, contact Diane Lake (email@example.com).
Related Pathways, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Clinical Supervisor
- Dental Assisting
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Online Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing for Outpatient Services
- Registered Nurse First Assistant
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Hours may vary during summer – please call to confirm.