Application and Admission Requirements
- Apply to St. Charles Community College and complete the writing assessment (when applicable) in the Student Center, room 133 (SC133).
- Submit official transcripts from any previously attended institution to Enrollment Services (SCC Main 1200).
- Complete ENG 096, developmental reading, and/or ESL courses (when applicable).
- Complete ENG 101 with a "C" or better by the end of the first-semester coursework.
- Students are encouraged to complete ENG 101 prior to beginning the Medical Billing & Coding certificate
To apply for program admission, meet with an Allied Health Advisor. To inquire about the program, email email@example.com.
Relevant Program Information
- The Medical Billing & Coding certificate is online.
- Students are required to complete an 8-week virtual clinical and a CCA Review during their final semester.
- To obtain the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Health Information Management (HIM) degree, students must complete an additional 20 HIM credit hours and 10 general education credit hours.
- All certificate courses are transferrable to the A.A.S. in HIM degree program with the exception of HIM 251 and HIM 252.