- The bookstore offers a quick and easy way to order textbooks online. Log onto SCC Bookstore and click "Order Textbooks."
- During this process you will need to establish an account. Click "Log In" and then "Register Here."
- There are three options to choose from regarding the processing of your order.
- You may pay online with a credit card and have your books shipped to you. A flat shipping rate will apply.
- You may prepay online with a credit card and pick up your textbooks at the bookstore.
- You can decide to wait to pay for your textbooks when you pick them up at the bookstore. This is also an option for SFA students. We will hold the books until the second week of school.
Textbooks: (Last day for eligible refunds is printed on your receipt)
- For a refund or exchange, textbooks purchased for regular 16-week classes may be returned during the first two weeks of classes with a receipt and during the third week of class with a receipt and drop slip.
- Textbooks purchased during the fourth week of classes and later are non-refundable.
- Early and late start classes may receive a refund up to 1 week from when the class begins.
- New textbooks must be in new condition and not be written in, soiled or damaged. Used textbooks must be in as purchased condition.
- Bundled, loose-leaf and text materials wrapped in cellophane are non-returnable under normal circumstances. E-books, CDs, DVDs and Access Codes cannot be opened.
- Bundled textbook materials wrapped in cellophane, see possible restocking fees below.
- Bank cards and financial aid sales must be refunded to the same account.
- Restocking Fees:
- New textbook bundles and loose-leaf materials returned in an opened condition may be refunded at the used price and/or with a Restocking Fee.
- If items are deemed by the bookstore to be in new resalable condition and all other refund criteria is met, a 10% restocking fee will be assessed and deducted from the refunded amount.
- As long as the materials are in new or as purchased condition, the restocking fee will be waived in case of dropped or changed class (drop/change slip required), or if the incorrect textbook was purchased and is exchanged for correct book.
- Restocking Fees are associated with the cost that is placed by publisher’s return polices and cost to the bookstore.
Computer hardware, software, electronics, sale items, special orders, study guides, solution manuals, reference materials, nursing kits, general books, old editions are all non-returnable unless otherwise specified in this return policy.
- Unopened items may be returned with a receipt and must have been purchased within the past business days.
- Opened merchandise may be returned only if it is defective and only exchanged for the identical item.
- After five business days, the customer is responsible for contacting the manufacturer regarding returns or exchanges.
- Textbooks – Prior to mid-term, defective items may be returned for replacement only, provided that these defects are not associated with normal wear and tear or misuse.
- Supply/Merchandise – within 5 business days.
- The SCC Bookstore offers a Textbook Buyback during finals week at the end of every semester.
- Buyback dates are posted at the bookstore’s website.
- The SCC Bookstore has the final decision on all bookstore buybacks.