Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Registered Nurse First Assistant
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Registered Nurse First Assistant
Department: Practical Nursing
Dates: June 5, 6, & 7 AND June 19, 20, & 21 (students must attend all six days)
SCC is monitoring the COVID-19 updates and will make a final decision about offering the summer 2020 RNFA program on Monday May 4th. If you are interested in this program, please contact Sue Propper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This AORN-approved class follows the core curriculum for the RN First Assistant. Six credit hours are awarded upon completion of the course. Three credits are earned through classroom/theory presentation and an additional three hours through an approved internship program. Additional information regarding the scope of practice for the RNFA and the AORN Position Statement on RNFAs is available at www.AORN.org.
- Bachelor's degree (transcripts from conferring institution required)
Current RN license valid through the end of the program. Current BLS or ACLS card valid through the end of the program.
- CNOR certificate OR APRN.
- Agreement from employing institution to provide the required clinical experience.
- Two years of full-time peri-operative experience (or four years of part-time experience).
- Support from surgeon preceptor who will provide a minimum of 120 hours of supervised clinical practicum as required by the course objectives.
- Current SCC college application submitted and approved.
- Successful completion of the classroom/didactic objectives including the final written exam.
- Successful completion of the clinical objectives including documentation of clinical procedures and activities.
Note: Students who do not complete all of the course requirements for the clinical by the specific deadline listed on the course paperwork will be issued a grade of “F”.
This is a certification course. Tuition and fees are due at time of registration and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Clinical Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Online Pharmacy Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing with Applied PCS
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Hours may vary during summer – please call to confirm.