Application and Admission Requirements
- Apply to St. Charles Community College and complete assessment test (when applicable) in the Student Center, room 133 (SC133).
- Submit official transcripts from any previously attended institution to Enrollment Services (ADM 1204).
- Complete ENG 096, MAT 096, developmental reading, and/or ESL courses (when applicable).
- Complete ENG 101 and CPT 103 with a "C" or better.
- Students must have a 2.5 GPA on college-level coursework
To apply for program admission, meet with an Allied Health Counselor. To set up an appointment or inquire about the program, email email@example.com.
Relevant Program Information
- The Associate of Science in Health Information Management program is primarily online; however, students will participate in occasional on-campus meetings and orientations.
- Students must complete a background check and drug screen. Findings may affect admission to the program.
- MAT 098 is a prerequisite for HIM 241. Students must earn a "C" or better to enter this course.
- Students are required to complete two Professional Practicum Experiences (PPEs) on-site (locations will vary).
- The first PPE is approximately 40 hours over the course of a semester.
- The second PPE is approximately 140 hours over the course of a semester.
- Required science courses must be taken within 5 years of program entry, and the grades must be "Cs" or better.