- Meet all of the College admission requirements.
- Submit official transcripts for any previously attended college or university to the Enrollment Services office.
- Complete the Assessment Test given in the Assessment Center, Student Center, Room 133, or present ACT scores that are no more than 2 years old with the following sub-scores: English 18, reading 18, and math 23.
- Student must test into at least English Composition I and Beginning Algebra or higher (the required math is Beginning Algebra). Assessment Test will be waived if English Composition I with a "C" or better, and MAT 096 or higher have been completed (official transcripts will be required).
- If minimum assessment test scores are not met, students will be required to complete ENG 096 and MAT 096 prior to admission and strongly urged to complete MAT 098, beginning algebra prior to admission. MAT 098 must be completed prior to the last semester of the program.
- Meet with a Career-Technical counselor (who will assist you with completing an application to the Health Information Management program (no appointment needed, but call for availability at 636-922-8246). Applications will be accepted only after the above minimum math and English requirements are met.
- Six (6) credit hours of college course work with a 2.5 cumulative GPA (official transcripts will be required) or high school GPA of 2.5 required (based on a 4.0 scale) if graduated in the last five years; or GED score of 2600 from the last 5 years.
- Submit ACT test scores must be taken within 2 years of entry to the program with a composite score of 18. This can be waived if the student has an Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
After completing the requirements above, you will be notified if you have been accepted into the program and when you may register for Health Information Management classes.
Note: All science courses taken for this program must be taken within 5 years of entry to the program. All grades in biology courses must be "C" or better.
The HIM program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
CAHIIM c/o AHIMA
233 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 2150
Chicago, Illinois, 60601-5800
After successfully completing the two-year HIM program, graduates are eligible to write the national exam leading to accreditation as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).