Business Partner Overview
Schools host events such as career fairs, job fairs, college majors’ fairs and other activities including in-class presentations where professionals are needed to provide students with valuable information and expertise about their career path.
- Share information with students about your industry and career. If applicable, it is encouraged to show visual aids.
- Discuss the level of education required for employment within your industry and typical pathways students take to gain employment
- Provide advice on soft skills and performance expectations
- Complete and submit an evaluation form to SCC
- Communicate with program coordinator to confirm availability for preferred event/activity participation
- Fully review and understand the event/activity objectives and suggested guidelines the program coordinator will send/email to you
Number of Students
- For events, student interactions will vary but typically range from 10-20 students per hour.
- For activities, student numbers typically range from 10-35.
Depends on the event/activity:
- 1-hour block
- 2-hour block
- 3-hour block