HiSET – High School Equivalency Test
Registering for the HiSET
Beginning in January 2014, the HiSET test replaced the GED test as the test of high school equivalency in the state of Missouri.
- Register for the HiSET registration and click on the "For Test Takers" button.
- You will create an account, then register and pay for the test.
Note that the cost for the test is less if you pay for all parts in one transaction.
- If you wish to test at SCC, select our location. You will see possible test dates and times.
- On test day, be sure to bring an unexpired Missouri state issued ID.
Requirements to Take the Test
To be eligible to take the HiSET tests and earn a Missouri High School Equivalency Certificate, a person must be a resident of Missouri (with a Missouri mailing address) and meet one of the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be 17 years of age and withdrawn from school;
- Be currently enrolled in school and qualify as a participant in an approved GED® Options Program for at-risk youth; or
- Sixteen year-olds must have successfully completed 16 units of credit toward high school graduation and have written permission from the superintendent or principal of the school last attended; or if home-schooled, be 16 years of age and have met the requirements of 167.031 RSMo. for course instruction and have written permission of the parent or legal guardian indicating compliance.