ADA Grievance Procedures for Students
- Students are encouraged to discuss the matter with the Disability Support Services (DSS) manager first.
- If not resolved, a complaint should be submitted in writing or verbally no later than 15 business days after the date of the alleged discrimination to the dean of student success who is responsible for investigating and making a reasonable effort of resolution. The complaint should contain the violation/date of occurrence and as much detail as possible
- The dean of student success will have 20 business days to investigate the complaint and provide a written determination/resolution description to the student’s mailing address listed in the college’s data management system unless the student provides an alternate.
- The student can request reconsideration if they are dissatisfied with the written response. This request should be directed in writing to the vice president for academic and student affairs within 10 business days of the date on the dean’s written response. The vice president will investigate and forward a written response considered to be a final decision (within seven business days of receipt of the written complaint). The decision may affirm, reverse or modify the dean of students' decision.
- The student may have a representative attend any conference as long as the student is in attendance, also. This is at the discretion of and extent permitted by the college.
- Use of this grievance procedure is not a prerequisite to the pursuit of other remedies.
With permission of all parties, an extension of dates may be permitted.