Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Nelnet Deferred is the final step in accepting your financial aid package. Completing this step will prevent you from being dropped from your courses until SCC waits to receive your financial aid funds.
NELNET Deferred: Step-by-Step
- Open "
- You will need to enter your User ID and Password. If you are having trouble remembering your login information you can contact the SCC Help Desk in the library or by phone at 636-922-8555.
- Scroll down to SCC Connection. Click on "Students" then "Financial Aid" and lastly click "Alternative Payment Plans(NELNET)."
- Create your Account. Note: demographic information entered on this screen will not be updated with SCC. You need to submit Change of Information requests directly to Enrollment Services.
- Next you will need to select two security questions and provide answers.
- Under Payment activity click on the main-semester and then "Set up a payment plan." You only need to complete one Deferred payment plan per semester, even if you are enrolled in multiple mini-terms.
- On the Welcome screen click on "begin".
- Next, on the Payment Plan Options screen under monthly payments click on the circle under the "selection" column. the Deferred option will only charge you an enrollment fee If your financial aid (Pell, loans, A+ or VA Benefits) is not enough to cover your charges and you do not pay your balance prior to the payment dates listed on this screen. If you withdraw or fail to attend courses and have an outstanding balance you will be charged the $30 enrollment fee. Click on "Next" at the bottom of the screen.
- You will need to provide payment details (This will only be utilized if you have a balance after your Financial Aid has been disbursed. Check your student portal regularly for account information). Then click "next" at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Payment schedule screen, select your preferred payment date and then click "Next."
- Next you will need to review and accept the terms and conditions by checking the box next to the statement indicating you have read and accepted the conditions. Then click "Authorize."
- Finally, you will receive confirmation. A copy will be emailed to you.
- Do not complete Nelnet as a potential Financial Aid recipient until you have received your Award Contract in your student portal (
- Your attendance must be verified before any aid is disbursed. Failing or Dropping all of your classes in a single semester will result in a Return of Title Four (R2T4) calculation. An R2T4 calculation may cause you to return some or all of your aid for that semester. Any amount owed back will be deducted from the account you submitted in NELNET when you originally enrolled in the NELNET Deferred plan.
- It is important that you keep your personal information up to date with NELNET and SCC.