Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Federal Work-Study Program (FWSP)
The Federal Work-Study Program provides need-based campus and community service employment opportunities for eligible students.
What are the benefits?
- Work schedules are flexible around class schedules
- Great professional work experience for your resume!
- Most employment is conveniently located on campus
- Community tutoring opportunities are available at local elementary schools
- The rate of pay for the 2023-2024 academic year is $15 per hour
- FWSP students are exempt from FICA taxes
- You can work up to 19 hours a week while college is in session and as many as 29 hours per week when not in session
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (such as a permanent resident)
- Complete a FAFSA
- Have unmet financial need based on FAFSA results (Cost of Attendance – EFC = Unmet Need)
- Be degree seeking at SCC in an eligible degree program
- Be enrolled half-time (at least 6 credit hours) during the semester in which you are applying
- Be in good academic standing
The total work-study award a student is eligible to receive will be calculated by the Financial Aid Department based on the information from your FAFSA and other funds awarded for a given semester. Have more questions? Contact Abby Vernon at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply?
- Complete a FAFSA Application (with SCC's school code: 017027).
- Complete a FWSP application at the Student Job Board.
- Select "Federal Work Study Job Openings".
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Full Job Description" to view positions.
- Return to the web page and click "Apply for this Position". Select positions within the application.
- Once you are hired, tax forms (including a W-4) will need to be completed in the Human Resources Department.
Which FAFSA do I complete?
2023 Fall, 2024 Spring, 2024 Summer