Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Federal Work-Study Program (FWSP)
The Work-Study Program provides need-based campus employment opportunities for eligible students.
What are the benefits?
- FWSP students are exempt from FICA taxes.
- You can work up to 20 hours a week while college is in session and as many as 30 hours per week when not in session.
- Most employment is on campus and pays $8.00 per hour.
- Work schedules are flexible around class schedules
How do I apply?
- Complete a FAFSA Application (with SCC's school code: 017027).
- Complete a FWSP application at stchas.edu/studentjobs.
- Once you are hired, tax forms (including a W-4) will need to be completed in the Human Resources Department.
The total work-study award a student is eligible to receive will be calculated by the Enrollment Services Department based on the information reported on the Student Aid Report (SAR) and other funds awarded for a given semester.