Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
SCC A+ Orientation Nights
Everything you need to know about utilizing A+ Scholarship Funding
A+ Zoom Orientation Dates:
April 7, 2022 6 pm to 7pm
May 3, 2022 6pm to 7pm
June 8, 2022 6 pm to 7pm
A+ On Campus Dates
April 20, 2022 6pm to 7 pm
Location: SSB Auditorium
May 17, 2022 6pm to 7pm
Location: SSB Auditorium
- SCC Admissions and Application Information
- Academic Advising
- A+ New Student Checklist
- A+ Program Eligibility and Requirements
- Eligible Costs
- SCC Dates and Deadlines
Questions? We're happy to help. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 636-922-8500.
How do I use my A+ Scholarship at SCC?
- Complete an SCC Application for Admission.
- Have your official high school transcript with A+ seal graduation date sent to SCC.
- Complete the FAFSA application with SCC's school code (017027). Follow these deadlines for completing your FAFSA and you can avoid prepaying your tuition and fees:
Academic Session Deadline Fall June 1 Spring Nov 1 Summer April 1 Academic Session Deadline Fall Sept. 15 Spring Feb. 15 Summer June 15
- Submit all verification documents, if selected by the Department of Education. (We will notify you via your mySCC Portal if your application must be verified prior to processing.)
- Submit official college transcripts if you are transferring to SCC from another institution. Transcripts must be evaluated for credit and a Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit form must be completed.
- Sign and accept your FA Offer Letter.
- A+ scholarship recipients are required to enroll in the Nelnet Deferred Payment Plan. You are accepting your award as well as securing your class schedule when enrolling in the deferred payment plan. If you decide not to attend SCC after setting up Nelnet deferred, you will need to formally withdraw from classes before the end of the 100% refund period.
What does A+ cover?
- A+ will cover the cost of your tuition expenses, at both in-district or out-of-district rates, and the technology fee that is associated with every credit hour. A+ reimbursement is capped at the standard credit hour rate at State Technical College of Missouri. For the 2021-2022 academic year, A+ reimbursement will be capped at $189.00 per credit hour. Charges that are assessed in addition to tuition and technology fees are at the A+ students' expenses.
- Repeated coursework in which a grade was received, coursework that is not part of an A+ student's degree program or are in excess of 105% of an A+ student's degree program will not be funded by A+.
- Any federal and/or state grants that you are eligible for will be applied to your account prior to A+ funding.
- For more information from the Missouri Department of Higher Education on eligibility click here.
A+ Summer Restrictions
- Students cannot use their A+ eligibility as a visiting student during a summer term if they are enrolled at a four year institution. The ONLY exception is for the summer semester immediately following a student's high school graduation.
- You will need to have your 2021-2022 FAFSA submitted to SCC by April 1st.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 eligible credit hours.
- Due to deadline constraints and heavy volume during the summer registration period, most new A+ students using benefits for a summer term will be on a reimbursement basis. Existing A+ students who have been degree seeking at SCC throughout the academic year may not need to pay upfront if they meet the above deadlines.
Other helpful tips: