Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Aid Disbursement Information
How do you receive your financial aid? Let's walk through it step by step to everyone's favorite part: getting the money!
- SCC reviews and finalizes your financial aid application, including verifying eligibility and required documentation (because, you know, it's required)
- Verification of enrollment and attendance/participation
- Receipt of funds from source (grant, scholarships, direct loan, etc.)
- Funds are applied to any outstanding charges on your student account, like:
- Bookstore purchases
- Excess funds are then deposited to your BankMobile Vibe account or a bank account of your choosing
If you submitted your financial aid application and supporting information before the deadline, you should receive your funds during the fifth week of the semester.
If you applied after the deadline, you may still receive a refund but you should expect a delay (they're called deadlines for a reason, right?).
Student files that are incomplete or selected for the verification process may take an additional 4-6 weeks to process. So, make sure your application is complete, and you'll get your funds faster!
Validation – How It Works
To get student aid funds, you have to maintain student aid eligibility. You do that by attending/participating in class and meeting satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards.
What happens if you don't meet SAP standards? You'll receive a warning or even suspension of academic and/or financial aid eligibility.