Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Coronavirus Information (COVID-19)
The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff is a top priority at St. Charles Community College. On March 7, the first confirmed case of the coronavirus in Missouri was announced, and we are closely monitoring the situation. SCC remains open and will operate as normal, and like many schools around the country, we will follow the Center for Disease Control guidelines regarding the coronavirus. Extra hand sanitizing stations have also been placed around campus, and the SCC housekeeping staff is working diligently to keep campus clean.
Additionally, we have informed students and staff to follow the CDC recommendations and common-sense precautions in order to prevent the spread of viruses like colds and flu.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
As a precaution, St. Charles Community College has decided to cancel all planned study abroad programs for the summer and fall semesters.
The CDC has emphasized that the risk of transmission to the general population is low. Please continue to monitor your health and contact your healthcare provider if you are feeling ill. We will continue to update you as we receive additional information.
Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions (CDC)