A tobacco-free environment provides the following benefits to SCC students and the entire campus community.
- Supports community efforts to reduce or eliminate tobacco use in public settings.
- Eliminates second-hand smoke from around building entrances.
- Eliminates litter from cigarette butts and other debris.
- May encourage some tobacco users to stop a harmful habit.
- Prepares SCC students to cope with future employment in tobacco-free environments.
- Sets a positive example for high school students and young children who are often on campus.
- Reduces risk of fires caused by cigarette smoking.