Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Tutoring Center. We're here to help.
The ACE Tutoring Center is your best friend at SCC. Whenever you feel like you're struggling with your classes – come by and see us. We’ll help you uncover all of the tools and techniques you need to succeed.
The ACE Tutoring Center exists to promote meaningful student learning and academic development in a diverse world through awareness of each student’s context, learning style, and socio-cultural background. Tutors support student success through empowering students to achieve the best educational experience possible by implementing various learning resources and modes.
Whether you’ve got concerns about math, science, or writing, we can help you get back on track.
ACE Tutoring Center will conduct both online and face-to-face tutoring sessions by appointment only.
- All tutoring sessions are 30 minutes.
- Students can schedule up to four sessions per week per class.
- Students will need to know their SCC student ID number.
To set up an appointment, contact ACE Tutoring at 636-922-8444. During busy times, you may have to leave a message. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.
We encourage students to utilize virtual sessions whenever possible during these uncertain times, but face-to-face appointments are available. For important details about these services, please read on.
Once your appointment is booked, you will connect at your scheduled time via Zoom software.
Joining Your Tutoring Session
- Find the link for your tutoring session in your SCC email.
- Make sure to close other software applications that are not needed for tutoring. No other video conferencing tools (like Skype) can be open while using the tutoring platform.
- If you are having problems connecting to your session, try exiting out, wait a few minutes, and then try the link again.
- Contact the ACE Tutoring Center at 636-922-8444 for additional help.
For safety of you and the staff, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- You must make an appointment. Please note that we will not be able to serve walk-ins.
- You will be required to wear a mask during your session. Your tutor will also wear a mask. Protective barriers are also in place for added protection.
- You must bring your own fully powered device (computers will not be available).
- Please email your essay and any instructor guidelines in advance of your session to your tutor.
- There will not be study space available in the ACE Tutoring Center. Please utilize the library if you need a space to work.
- The ACE Computer lab is not available this fall. Please use the computer labs available in the TECH building.
- Additional resources such as textbooks and anatomical models will not be available for check out in the ACE Tutoring Center this semester.
If a concept isn’t “clicking” for you, then studying can be fruitless no matter how much time you spend on it. Don’t worry, there’s still hope. We’ll help you break down the core elements of the problems you’re dealing with and make sure you’re not just studying, but studying the right way.
Our science specialists want to see you succeed. We review important concepts with you and help you visualize them by using models and resources found at the ACE Center. Our team strives to break down complicated course material into understandable information.
At the ACE Tutoring Center we’ll look at both the “big picture” things you can do to make your essay better—your flow, thesis statement, and main ideas—and we’ll also help you self-edit for grammar and formatting. We’ll help you learn to sort it out, just bring along your writing assignment and your assignment requirements.
- College Success
- Computer Lab
- Online Tutoring (call 636-922-8444 to check for availability)
- SCC Resources
Social Sciences Building, Room 2201 (Second Floor)
Office Phone Number
Call 636-922-8444 for an appointment