Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Mid Rivers Review
Mid Rivers Review is the college literary and art journal for St. Charles Community College. Contributors hail from the United States, and Ireland. The journal offers three prizes: The Haba Award for poetry, The Editor's Choice award for visual art, and The Woodrell Award for prose. We invite submissions of original poetry, short fiction, prose and visual art. For full submission guidelines visit our website: www.stchas.edu/midriversreview. Address correspondence to Virginia Guneyli, Editor, English Dept., HUM 203 St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville, MO 63376. Email email@example.com for a submission form and information about guidelines
Mid Rivers Review Submission Guidelines
- Original, unpublished poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, and artistic black and white photos, may be submitted from September through January. Entries will be accepted throughout the year.
- No simultaneous submissions. Entries will not be returned. Enclose a SASE for notification of entry status.
- All written submissions must be typed as a Microsoft Word document using 12-point type and a standard font. Author's name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript. With each entry, please staple a sealed envelope containing the work's title, and the author's name, address, phone numbers and email address.
- Poems should be single-spaced, one poem per page, with stanza and line breaks clearly indicated; limit 4 poems.
- Fiction or essay entries should be 1500 words or less, double-spaced (5-6 double-spaced pages); limit two prose entries.
- Black and white photos or artwork entries should be submitted initially as 4 x 6 (or larger) prints. Color entries will be considered for cover. Electronic submission of photos may be required.
- If work is accepted, author must provide work in electronic format on CD or disk (one disk, with each entry as a separate document), or as email attachment (Microsoft Word or PDF).
- Complete the submission form and mail entries to: Virginia Guneyli, Editor, Mid Rivers Review, HUM 203, St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, Cottleville, MO 63376.
- Individuals whose work is selected for publication will be contacted for a brief bio, and upon publication will receive two complimentary copies of the journal.