Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
It's our turn to serve you.
At SCC we strive to do our best to ensure educational success for some of the nation’s best and brightest students – our service members and veterans.
We are honored to partner with an active Student Veterans Organization to conduct various campus activities year-round, including a full Veterans Week in the fall. In May we host a Medaling Ceremony to recognize graduating service members and veterans.
With a dedicated veteran services coordinator (who is a veteran), a Student Veterans Lounge and hundreds of military-affiliated students attending SCC, service members and veterans here are never far from their peers.
Here's what you need to know to make the admissions process as smooth as possible:
- Complete an SCC Application for Admission
- Apply to use your VA Education Benefits. (click on the green “find your education benefits form” box)
- Request that your military transcript and official transcripts from all previously attended institutions be sent to SCC. Submit a Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit in your MySCC portal. (Under Quick Links > Eforms > Forms > “Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit”)
- Visit Academic Advising for next steps in meeting with an academic advisor and registering for courses.
- Submit a VA Certification Request in your MySCC portal (under Quick Links > Eforms > Forms > "Certify My VA Benefit")
- Pay tuition and fees in full. See below; failure to make arrangements may result in being dropped from your registered courses.
- If you are a student using VA Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill or VA Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, you will be held in your courses upon receipt of your VA Certification Request (“Certify My VA Benefit” in step 5 above) or authorization from your VA counselor. Please complete this request for each semester you would like reported to the VA, and ASAP after you register for courses.
- If you are a student using Military Tuition Assistance or National Guard Educational Assistance, you will be held in your courses upon submitting an authorization document from your military branch.
- Students receiving education benefits under any of the following can either a) pay for courses in full at time of registration; or b) enroll in a Nelnet Deferred Payment Plan, which can be selected on the VA Certification Request:
- VA Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty
- VA Chapter 35 Dependents Education Assistance
- VA Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill — Selected Reserve
- Purchase materials needed for each course at the Campus Store.
- Login to mySCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools like Canvas, CougarMail, Tech Help Desk and SCC Connection (grades, GPA, register for classes, etc.). You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.
Questions or concerns?
SCC Veteran Services Coordinator