Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
On Your Mark. Get Set. Go.
SCC is the perfect place to kick off your collegiate career. We have four National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division 1 teams – men's and women's soccer, baseball and softball, with full and partial scholarships offered to select athletes.
Or take a run at walking on – open tryouts are held for each sport, too. That sound you hear now is the roar of the crowd as you enter ... the SCC admissions process.
Sure, it's just the administrative staff, but we're really happy you're going to be a Cougar.
We've put together a list to coach you through the process:
- You can apply any time during the year.
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission. (A+ Scholarship student? Make sure you read this.)
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships. If you're receiving the A+ Scholarship, get in touch with the Financial Aid Office and let your academic counselor know. And as an A+ Scholarship student, you must see an academic counselor each time you add or drop a course. https://www.stchas.edu/admissions/what-kind-student-are-you/student-athlete
- Schedule an appointment to meet with an athletic academic counselor and register for classes. Together you'll review your test results and the counselor will help you select courses.
- Take the Academic Skills Assessment.
View the SCC placement tool
- Sign up for College 101 (COL 101) – Yeah, it's a thing. If you're a first-time freshman you're required to take "College Success Seminar" (COL 101).
Students who withdraw from COL 101 will have a "hold" put on their registration for the following semester. For all the details, go to Academic Counseling.
- Pay tuition and fees in full. You'll be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date, so read this closely:
- Get your picture ID and parking tag.
- Buy your textbooks.
- Login to mySCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools like Canvas, CougarMail, Tech Help Desk and SCC Connection (grades, GPA, register for classes, etc.). You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.