Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Refund & Repayment Policy
Refunds for dropped classes.
Sometimes your classes don't work out. When that happens, dropping may be your best option. And provided that you drop early enough, you'll receive money back for your trouble. Your refund will vary depending on the date you withdrew:
NOTE: Refunds are determined by specific dates within each semester and are prorated for courses less than 16 weeks in length.
A few things to remember:
- You can receive a refund for withdrawing from the course.
- By officially withdrawing from a course before the end of the 10th week of classes, you will receive a "W" on your transcript.
- Do not stop attending a course without officially withdrawing or you will receive an 'F' grade in the course.
- The add/drop form must be submitted to the Enrollment Services Department by the stated withdrawal dates for a given term. Withdrawal dates can be found on the Academic Calendar and at the Enrollment Services Department.
- Students may drop a course with a 'W' through the end of the 10th class week during a regular term; this varies during abbreviated and short-term class sessions.
Missed the date to withdraw?
You may still qualify for a refund, but you'll have to demonstrate your case in the college's withdrawal/refund appeal process.
Exceptions to the college's established policies are not made lightly and will generally be considered only for extenuating circumstances.
- Examples of extenuating circumstances include:
- Medical issues
- Death of a family member
- Physician's orders restricting school attendance
The committee decides each case on its own merit.
- To file an appeal:
- Go to eForms, find the appeal form, fill it out and submit it..
- Include a written statement explaining in detail the circumstance leading to the appeal.
- Include supporting documentation (doctor's orders, death certificates, etc.).
- Submit the entire appeal packet to the Enrollment Services Department (ADM 1113).
- The committee meets the third Wednesday of each month. Materials are confidential and only shared with committee members. Completed appeal packets received by noon on the second Wednesday of the month will be included in the following week's meeting. Packets submitted after this time will be reviewed at the next month's meeting.
- The submission of an appeal does not guarantee approval.
- Students are notified in writing of the committee's decision within seven working days of the appeal meeting.
- If your appeal is denied, you may appeal the decision in person at the next appeals meeting by calling 636-922-8235.
If your class has been canceled:
A full refund of tuition and fees is made if a scheduled class has been canceled.