Visited Pages Headline
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
New Student Checklist
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
A quick education on becoming a Cougar.
- Complete an Application for Admission. If you're an A+ Scholarship student, make sure you read this: Critical Information. Because, well, it's critical. Says so right there.
- Apply for Financial Assistance and Scholarships.
(A+ Scholarship students, you'll need to get and stay in touch with the Financial Assistance Office and your academic counselor. You're required to see an Academic Counselor each time you add or drop courses.)
- Take the Take the Academic Skills Assessment.
ACT PLACEMENT SCORE INFORMATION: If you achieved at least the following minimum ACT sub-test scores, congratulations - you are NOT required to take the Academic Skills Assessment for that subject.21ACT score in English for automatic placement in ENG 101.18ACT score in reading for a reading course not to be required.23ACT score in math for automatic placement in College Algebra.
ACT Scores are valid for two years. Please bring a copy of your ACT scores in case they're not already loaded into our system.
- Schedule an appointment with an academic counselor and register for classes. You'll go over your test results together and your academic counselor will help you select courses.
First time college student? You'll need to complete a "What's Next?" Pre-Advising Registration Preparation session BEFORE you meet with your counselor. You can register here for "What's Next?"
More information? Visit Academic Counseling.
- Pay Tuition and Fees in Full. We hate to see anyone dropped from a course for non-payment of tuition, but that's what will happen if it isn't paid in full by the due date.
Once you've been admitted to SCC, you can save time and pay online via mySCC.
Tuition/Fee information. In-District and Out-of-District Information.
- Get your Picture ID and Parking Tag. Picture IDs and parking tags are issued at the Café-Bookstore during the first two weeks of each semester. At all other times, you can get an ID or parking tag in the Campus Services Building.
- Buy your Textbooks.