Home-Schooled New Student Checklist
SCC welcomes home-schooled students. Whether you are looking to supplement your home school curriculum, or enroll as a student, SCC's course offerings will meet your needs!
If you are currently enrolled in your high school curriculum, you will be limited to a maximum of 6 credit hours per semester. Enrollment in physical education activity and developmental courses are not allowed unless special permission has been obtained from the Associate Dean of Enrollment Services. In addition to the requirements listed below you must also complete a dual enrollment application form every semester you are enrolled in classes.
This checklist was developed to help you through the enrollment process.
- Complete an Application for Admission.
- If you are under the age of 16, complete the Application for Special Admission.
- Take the Academic Skills Assessment (math, reading and English).
ACT PLACEMENT SCORE INFORMATION:
If you achieved at least the minimum score on the ACT sub-tests listed below, you are NOT required to take the Academic Skills Assessment.
ACT Scores are valid for two years.
- E-ACT 18 = ENG-101
- R-ACT 18 = Reading Not Required
- M-ACT 23 = MAT 160
If you placed high enough in one subject area to waive the assessment test but not in another subject area, you will need to take the assessment test for 'that' particular subject area.
Please bring a copy of your ACT scores in case the college does not have your scores loaded in our system.
If you do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) you may be admitted to SCC with an Ability to Benefit status.
- Meet with an academic counselor and register for classes.
- Your test results will be reviewed with you by an academic counselor and the counselor will help you select your courses. A signature of an SCC counselor is required for registration.
- If you have completed your high school curriculum and are coming to SCC as a first time freshmen you must complete Smart Start prior to meeting with a counselor.
TWO WAYS TO COMPLETE A SMART START:
- Complete What's Next? Registration and Beyond. Simply click: What's Next?
- Call 636-922-8241 to schedule an in-person Smart Start group session.
- Developmental courses in math and English or physical education courses are not available to dually-enrolled or home-schooled students until your high school curriculum is completed.
- Under age 16? You will need to contact the dean of student development who will review your placement scores to determine if you placed into college-level coursework.
- Pay tuition and fees in full.
You will be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date. Save time – pay online via SCC Connection.
- Obtain picture ID and parking tags.
- Buy textbooks.
- Sign up for SCC Connection.
Access your final grades, personal SCC records and register for upcoming semesters.