Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
A+ Schools Program
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
How do I use my A+ Scholarship at SCC?
- Complete an SCC Application for Admission.
- Have your official high school transcript with A+ seal graduation date sent to SCC.
- Complete the FAFSA application with SCC's school code (017027). Follow these deadlines for completing your FAFSA and you can avoid prepaying your tuition and fees:
Academic Session Deadline Fall July 1 Spring Dec. 1 Summer May 1
- Submit all verification documents, if selected by the Department of Education. (We will notify you via your mySCC Portal if your application must be verified prior to processing.)
- Submit official college transcripts if you are transferring to SCC from another institution. Transcripts must be evaluated for credit and a Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit form must be completed.
- A+ scholarship recipients are required to enroll in the Nelnet Deferred Payment Plan. You are accepting your award as well as securing your class schedule when enrolling in the deferred payment plan. If you decide not to attend SCC after setting up Nelnet deferred, you will need to formally withdraw from classes before the end of the 100% refund period.
What does A+ cover?
- A+ will cover the cost of your tuition expenses, at both in-district or out-of-district rates, and the technology fee that is associated with every credit hour. Charges that are assessed in addition to tuition and technology fees are at the A+ students' expenses.
- Repeated coursework in which a grade was received, coursework that is not part of an A+ student's degree program or are in excess of 105% of an A+ student's degree program will not be funded by A+.
- Any federal and/or state grants that you are eligible for will be applied to your account prior to A+ funding.