Visited Pages Headline
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Frequently Asked Questions about SCC
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
- What degree programs does SCC offer?
- Can I get my HSE (formerly the GED) at SCC?
- Does SCC have classes just for fun?
- When do classes start?
- What off-site or distance learning classes does SCC offer?
- Can I take classes at SCC while I’m still in high school?
- I’ve been out of school a long time – does SCC have anything for me?
- Is SCC accredited?
- Does SCC have collegiate sports?
- What does SCC offer students with disabilities?
- How do I get my transcripts to or from SCC?
- What does a class cost at SCC?
- Are there art shows or musical performances on campus?
- Why do I need to take the MoGEA test?
- How do I prep for the ACT?
- When is the ACT offered?
- What are Assessment Tests? Do I need to take them?
- What’s the ACE Tutoring Center?
- What career counseling services does SCC offer?
- What are the SCC’s Bookstore’s hours?
- What are the Assessment Center’s hours?
- What are the Library’s hours?
- Does SCC have computer labs for students?
- Does SCC offer childcare for students?
How do I register?
How to Register for Credit Classes
There are three ways to register at SCC:
- With an academic counselor
- Online through mySCC
- In person at the registration window
Register early – it’s your best chance to get your chosen classes and schedule! See the academic calendar for important dates.
How you register depends on what type of student you are and what you need. See below:
Registering with an Academic Counselor
You’ll have to register with an academic counselor if you’re:
- A new student with no college credit and plan to take 6 or more credit hours
- Enrolled in the A+ Scholarship Program
- A student athlete
- On academic warning, probation, suspension, or reinstatement
- An international student
- A dual-enrolled student (first semester only)
- A Success Semester student who hasn’t completed the developmental sequence in all three course areas (English, math, reading)
Other students are encouraged to see an academic counselor, but you don’t have to.
Save time – go online! Current and returning students may register for courses via SCC Connection in mySCC portal (you’ll need a login ID and password).
At the Registration Window
Current and returning students or students taking less than 6 credit hours can register in person at the registration window. Get the registration forms online, or in the lobby of the Administration Building.
If you have an outstanding balance or other holds on your account, you won’t be able to register until the holds are cleared. The Enrollment Services Department or the Cashier’s Office can give you more information.
Occasionally, we may have to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment or other extenuating circumstances. Whenever possible, we’ll cancel the class before the first meeting and let you know.
If you’re enrolled in a class that’s cancelled, you’ll get a full refund of tuition and course fees, or you may add another class before the end of the first week of classes.
Full Time or Part Time?
How to tell if you’re full time or part time:
|Full Time and Part Time Classification|
|Full Time||12 or more credit hours||6 or more credit hours|
|Part Time||11 credit hours or fewer||5 credit hours or fewer|
Can I register online?
Welcome to SCC’s online registration system!
mySCC is our online student and faculty portal information system. Use it to:
- Register online
- Find the most up-to-date class schedule
- See course descriptions and program guides
- View your schedule, grades, and transcripts
Registering for Continuing Ed classes? Visit the lifelong learning section.
New or Incoming student? You can see the credit class schedule without a login ID:
- Click “search for courses.”
- Select a term from the dropdown.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the submit button (give it a minute!)
Ready to enroll? See the Admissions section!
Having trouble? That’s what the SCC Help Desk is for!
Does SCC have classes just for fun?
Yes – we have tons of classes for lifelong learning – everything from beginning photography to aerobics to calligraphy. Browse the class schedule here and find what sparks your interest!
Can I take classes at SCC while I’m still in high school?
Yes! And good for you for getting a head start on your future, too. Here’s everything you need to know to be a dual-enrolled high school student at SCC!
I’ve been out of school a long time – does SCC have anything for me?
Yes, and welcome back! We have lots to offer you, starting with a free workshop that will help you transition back to the classroom. Get the details here!
Does SCC offer childcare for students?
Yes, we’re proud to offer on-campus childcare for children of students, faculty, and staff. As an accredited, not-for-profit childcare and early learning facility, we’re licensed to operate a full-day child care center for up to 156 children ages 6 weeks through 8 years old. Find out more about the Child Development Center here.