Interview a Business Person
General Education Capstone Course
Event Details and Guideline Form
Event experience Title: Interview a Business Person
Gen. Ed. Category Event should be listed under: Multicultural/Valuing
SCC Competency addressed by event:
Multicultural/Valuing: 1) Students should be able to identify, analyze and articulate their own values as well as those of others and recognize how these values affect opinions, decisions, and behaviors.
Managing Information: 1) Frame appropriate questions and recognize the need for information.
Guidelines for accomplishment of event
- Identify a business or organization.
- Identify the owner, CEO, ethics officer, or privacy officer.
- Contact the person identified above, make an appointment, and interview them.
- Create a series of questions to ask in the interview including the following
- What are the values or ethics of the business?
- How do you use those values in making decisions?
- Who contributed to establishing those values?
- Does the organization have a code of ethics or code of conduct?
- Are there external organizations that influence the values? In what way?
- Research best practices in business ethics and values for small business owners.
- Incorporate your interview responses and research on best practices in business ethics into a minimum four page paper. How do the values demonstrated in the answers relate to your own (student’s) values and behavior? How would you run your own business and treat your employees and customers according to what you have learned?
- Include a works cited page and proper MLA citation.
Contact information available on the SCC Sophomore Portfolio (Capstone) website.
SCC Event Creator: Nancy Greenwood
FOR FACULTY USE ONLY:
Did essay fulfill SCC competency? YES NO PARTIALLY
Did essay fulfill event guidelines? YES NO PARTIALLY