We are excited to help you earn your degree at SCC!
Whether your plan is to earn a degree and transfer on or begin your career, an advisor is here to assist you. You might have a few questions, and we have the answers! We are here to help you get started at SCC during our First-Time Student Advising & Registration Session.
The session will be held on the SCC main campus in Cottleville, MO. We are located in SCC Main (formerly known as Administration Building), 1200 wing - we recommend parking in the Red Lot (Google Map Directions). A campus map with accessible entrances can be found on our webpage.
Each session will start with a group presentation about understanding your academic plan followed by a working with an SCC Academic Advisor to register for your first semester of courses. There are a limited number of seats in each session, so please choose the date that works best for you as soon as possible. Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation email with meeting details. We are looking forward to meeting you and setting a plan for your future!
Click Here to Sign-Up for Fall 2023 First-Time Student Advising & Registration Session (start classes August 2023)
There will be a Parent/Guardian/Family Member session for attendees only on the dates listed below! During these dates, students will participate in the Advising & Registration Session while Family Members join specific session for them to connect with other family members and campus resources; including Financial Aid, Student Life, and Career Services! Family members will rejoin students in time to register for classes. To attend, students should sign up for one of the following dates: May 12th, June 12th, June 22nd, July 6th, or July 24th.
Not looking to complete a degree? We'll be glad to have you at SCC, check out information for Visiting Students.
Follow the steps below to begin your degree and prepare before meeting with an SCC Academic Advisor!
Step 1: Login to your SCC Email
After you have applied
- Locate your username/password in your Admissions Welcome Letter.
- Login to your mySCC Portal -> Scroll down past the announcements to MyCougar Mail on the left-hand side -> Click on “Office 365”
- Save your login information as note or contact in your phone – you may use this when meeting with an advisor.
- We encourage you to setup your SCC Email on your phone so you don't miss a thing.
If you have difficulty accessing your student account, please contact our IT Service Desk at 636-922-8555 or email@example.com.
If you have not yet signed into your account because you cannot locate your Admissions Welcome Letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Prepare for course registration by Submitting Transcripts
- Request your High School/College Transcripts (needed for Dual Credit) and scores obtained for AP, CLEP, ACT, HiSET, etc. be sent to email@example.com for processing. Your institution should send this information for it to be considered official. If you sent the information only one week prior to the meeting you wish to attend, please bring this information to the meeting.
- Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit if you have college transfer credits from another institution. Transcripts sent to SCC will not be automatically reviewed (this include AP/CLEP scores and dual credit). Students must request for an evaluation to be completed.
- Sign into your mySCC Portal -> scroll down to Quick Links (on right-hand side) -> select eForms -> select Forms -> Select "Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit" (you can use the search bar at the top) -> complete the required information and click submit.
- You will receive a transfer evaluation report via your SCC email indicating how the courses were accepted. Please allow two weeks for an evaluation from the time the transcripts are received at SCC.
Step 3: Meet with an Academic Advisor to register for you first semester of courses
Join us for a First-Time Student Advising & Registration Session (Register at Link Above).
Academic Advisors want to make sure you are on the path to achieving your academic goals! Join us at a First-Time Student Advising & Registration Session for the information you'll need to know before getting started at SCC. Please watch this brief video
for more information about what to expect when meeting with an SCC Academic Advisor
What can you do to prepare for the session:
- Visit SCC Pathways, Degrees, and Certificates to review the degree(s) you are interested in completing and review the courses that make up your degree plan.
- Review your “My Progress” in your Student Planning account (My Progress video provides instructions).
If you have a specific question regarding the process, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5: Obtain your A+ award (if applicable)
- Be sure and complete your FAFSA (see Step 4). This step is mandatory for receiving A+!
- Monitor your FA Checklist – mySCC Portal -> scroll down to SCC Connection -> click on Student -> click on Financial Aid -> click on FA checklist
For more information, attend an SCC A+ Orientation Night offered by the office of Financial Aid.
Step 6: Arrange for Payment
Step 7: Purchase Textbooks & Course Materials
How do I request a campus tour?
We would love to show you our beautiful campus! To request a campus tour, please email email@example.com. In the meantime, check out the Video Tour on our website.