We are excited to help you earn your degree at SCC!
Whether your plan is to earn a degree and transfer on or begin your career, an advisor is here to assist you. You might have a few questions, and we have the answers! We are here to help you get started at SCC during our First-Time Student Registration Session.
During this time you'll work with an SCC Academic Advisor to register for your first semester of courses. To register for courses, visit us in SCC Main (formerly known as Administration Building), 1200 wing on the SCC main campus in Cottleville, MO - we recommend parking in the Red Lot (Google Map Directions). A campus map with accessible entrances can be found on our webpage.
Academic Advisor are available to students on a first-come, first-served basis. The office is open Monday - Thursday 8:00am-7:00pm and Friday 10:00am-4:30pm. Please note, check-in ends one hour before the office closes. A reduced number of advisors are available after 4:30pm Monday-Thursday. During peak enrollment times, check-in may be subject to close earlier to ensure all students currently in line can be served by end of day. We encourage you to come to the office early for a shorter wait. During August, Academic Advising is available to students in-person and wait times will be longer than normal
Not looking to complete a degree? We'll be glad to have you at SCC, check out information for Visiting Students.
Follow the steps below to begin your degree and prepare before meeting with an SCC Academic Advisor!
Step 1: Login to your SCC Email
After you have applied
- Locate your username/password in your Admissions Welcome Letter.
- Login to your mySCC Portal -> Scroll down past the announcements to MyCougar Mail on the left-hand side -> Click on “Office 365”
- Save your login information as note or contact in your phone – you may use this when meeting with an advisor.
- We encourage you to setup your SCC Email on your phone so you don't miss a thing.
If you have difficulty accessing your student account, please contact our IT Service Desk at 636-922-8555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not yet signed into your account because you cannot locate your Admissions Welcome Letter, please email email@example.com.
Step 2: Prepare for course registration by Submitting Transcripts
- Request your High School/College Transcripts (needed for Dual Credit) and scores obtained for AP, CLEP, ACT, HiSET, etc. be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. Your institution should send this information for it to be considered official. If you sent the information only one week prior to the meeting you wish to attend, please bring this information to the meeting.
- Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit if you have college transfer credits from another institution. Transcripts sent to SCC will not be automatically reviewed (this include AP/CLEP scores and dual credit). Students must request for an evaluation to be completed.
- Sign into your mySCC Portal -> scroll down to Quick Links (on right-hand side) -> select eForms -> select Forms -> Select "Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit" (you can use the search bar at the top) -> complete the required information and click submit.
- You will receive a transfer evaluation report via your SCC email indicating how the courses were accepted. Please allow two weeks for an evaluation from the time the transcripts are received at SCC.
Step 3: Meet with an Academic Advisor to register for you first semester of courses
Join us for a First-Time Student Registration Session.
Academic Advisors want to make sure you are on the path to achieving your academic goals! Register to join us at a First-Time Student Registration Session for the information you'll need to know before getting started at SCC. Please watch this brief video for more information about what to expect when meeting with an SCC Academic Advisor
What can you do to prepare for the session:
- Visit SCC Pathways, Degrees, and Certificates to review the degree(s) you are interested in completing and review the courses that make up your degree plan.
- Review your “My Progress” in your Student Planning account (My Progress video provides instructions).
Please visit Social Sciences Building room 2201 during walk-in hours (stchas.edu/advising for details) to meet with an Academic Advisor. Remember, the line is first-come, first-served. If you have a specific question regarding the process, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Step 5: Obtain your A+ award (if applicable)
- Be sure and complete your FAFSA (see Step 4). This step is mandatory for receiving A+!
- Monitor your FA Checklist – mySCC Portal -> scroll down to SCC Connection -> click on Student -> click on Financial Aid -> click on FA checklist
For more information, attend an SCC A+ Orientation Night offered by the office of Financial Aid.
Step 6: Arrange for Payment
Step 7: Purchase Textbooks & Course Materials
How do I request a campus tour?
We would love to show you our beautiful campus! To request a campus tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, check out the Virtual Campus Tour on our website.