If you are still on the fence about college, you may want to meet with an admissions recruiter. During this appointment, you will learn about our degree programs, financial aid, and most importantly, about the many resources here to help you succeed in your college journey. Concerned about academics? We have helpful academic counselors, Success Coaches, and the ACE Tutoring Center. Worried about money? We have helpful financial aid counselors and a financial aid website for your use. SCC wants you to feel good about this decision. Working with an admissions recruiter will help you feel informed, confident, and ready to register for college courses.
Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Make a change. Change your life.
You can be confident you are getting a degree that's WORTH IT. SCC was named one of the BEST RETURNS ON INVESTMENT of any college in the country, according to a Georgetown University study.
Nearly a third of our students are just like you. These "modern students" or "adult learners" are often financially independent from their parents, work full time or nearly full time and often have children of their own. SCC offers flexible in-person and online options to help fit your schedule.
To help you manage this successful transition from "working adult" to "working adult and student," SCC offers the following:
This is your opportunity to go from confident about college to "I've definitely got this." College Success Seminar will inform you about the same things you learned with your admissions counselor only in much more depth. You'll get to know the campus well, interview a college panel of faculty and staff, understand how to run a degree audit, register for classes, practice time management and study skills, learn about Career Services, and more! Students who attend all class sessions and complete the practical, application-oriented homework on time (none of it is difficult) are destined for their first college "A." This one-credit hour course is offered two ways – as a
10-week course and as a 9-day intensive seminar preceding main semesters.
Here's what you need to know to apply for admission and register for classes:
- Apply for Admissions – complete the SCC Admission Application.
Activate your SCC username/password – these will be used to access your SCC Portal, Email and Canvas. Remember, the SCC Portal>SCC Connection is where you can register for classes, see your financial aid, view your grades, etc.). You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal. Learn More.
Your username/password is contained in your Admissions Acceptance email. If you have issues signing in, please contact the IT Service Desk at 636-922-8555 or email@example.com.
Submit Transcripts – Have your final College/University transcript(s) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have earned less than 12 college credit hours, you will also need to supply your High School transcript (send to the same address as above.)
Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit (if you have college transfer credits from another institution) Transcripts sent to SCC will not be automatically reviewed unless the student has requested in writing that a review be made. Sign into your SCC Portal>Quick Links>eForms>Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit - complete the required information and click submit.
You will receive instructions in your SCC email account on where to view the transfer credits. Please allow two weeks for an evaluation from the time the transcripts are received at SCC.
- Sign in to QLESS to meet with an SCC Academic Advisor - It's a virtual waiting room. Or email email@example.com from your SCC Cougar Email account to request a face-to-face appointment. Include your name, SCC ID, identify that you are a first-time SCC college student and request a meeting time.
- Prepare to meet with your Academic Advisor. Fill out the Advising Checklist. By answering these questions before your meeting, you will be most prepared to work with an Academic Advisor to create your road map to success. Also, write down any other questions you may have for the Advisor.
- Review the Majors, Degrees, & Certificates. Make sure your Advisor knows which major, degree, or certificate you are hoping to complete at SCC. Look at this site to learn more about what courses are suggested for your academic path.
- Review the available course schedule and add classes to your SCC Student Planning. Learn how by watching this quick tutorial.
- Register for Classes in SCC Student Planning! (see video tutorials above)
- Arrange for Payment.
- Purchase materials needed for each course at the Campus Store.