Students Under Age 16 Checklist
To get started at SCC you will need to complete the following tasks. Use this list to keep track of the steps you've completed.
This procedure should be used by students who do not meet the entrance requirements listed in the catalog and are under the age of 16.
- Complete an Application for Admission and Application for Special Admission.
- Take the Academic Skills Assessment or submit ACT scores.
NOTE: St. Charles Community College will accept the following ACT® scores (taken within the past two years):
The assessment test is required for anyone who has not earned a high school diploma or GED. Your results are used to determine your Ability to Benefit from course work.
- Reading, 18 or above. You do not have to take our Compass® Reading assessment. No developmental reading courses are required.
- Mathematics, 23 or above. You do not have to take our Compass® Mathematics assessment. You may enroll in MAT 160, College Algebra.
- English, 18 or above. You do not have to write an essay. You may enroll in ENG 101, English Composition I.
- Meet with the dean of academic counseling and transfer services (636-922-8477) and Register for Classes.
- Your test results will be reviewed with you. If it is determined that you would benefit from college-level course work, the associate dean will help you select the courses you need and help you register.
- COL 101– Orientation to College is REQUIRED for all first-time freshmen who take 9 or more credit hours in fall or spring or 5 or more credit hours in the summer term.
- Pay Tuition and Fees in Full.
You will be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date. Tuition/Fee information. In-district and Out-of-District Information.
Save time – pay online via SCC Connection.
Obtain your Picture ID and Parking Tag.
Buy your Textbooks.
Sign up for SCC Connection.
Access your final grades, personal SCC records, and register for upcoming semesters. You must complete one full semester before you can register online.