Resident Aliens or Students Holding Visas Other Than F1 New Student Checklist

Resident Aliens or students holding Visas other than F1 may apply for admission anytime during the year. Admission to the college does not guarantee entrance into a particular course or program of study. This list will help guide you through the enrollment process.

  1. Complete an Application for Admission. You will need to bring a copy of your Green card.

  2. Apply for Financial Assistance and Scholarships.

  3. Take the Academic Skills Assessment.

  4. Meet with an Academic Counselor and Register for Classes.

    Your test results will be reviewed with you by an academic counselor and the counselor will help you select courses.
    • Prior to meeting with a counselor, review the academic calendar for registration dates, and preview the college catalog and the credit class schedule to determine the best possible schedule.
    • COL 101– Orientation to College is required for all first-time freshmen who take 9 or more credit hours in fall or spring or 5 or more credit hours in the summer term. Students who withdraw from COL 101 will have a “hold” put on their registration for the following semester.
    For hours & more info:  Academic Counseling
  5. Pay Tuition and Fees in Full.

    You will be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date. Tuition/Fee information. In-district and Out-of-District Information.

    Save time – pay online via SCC Connection.

  6. Obtain your Picture ID and Parking Tag.

  7. Buy your Textbooks.

  8. Sign up for SCC Connection.

    Access your final grades, personal SCC records, and register for upcoming semesters. You must complete one full semester before you can register online.