Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Men of Color: Student Success Program
St. Charles Community College will host its third annual Men of Color Success Summit on Friday, March 10th, 2023, from 9 AM to 2 PM on their main campus at 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, Cottleville, MO 63376.
The Men of Color Success Summit will supply local male high school seniors of color with the necessary tools and empowerment to over any obstacles, achieve their post-high school goals, and optimize their future. A nationally recognized speaker will facilitate the summit with a dynamic message on power planning, connection, and personal achievement.
Men of Color (MOC) Student Success Program
The Men of Color: Student Success Program is designed to promote student success by providing ongoing support for students who identify as males of color as they transition from high school to college. Through academic coaching and personal development, the Men of Color Scholars will be prepared to be active student leaders through their college experience at St. Charles Community College.
Benefits of the MOC at St. Charles Community College
Student will receive the following:
- A Personalized Student Success Coach to assist you with questions regarding the St. Charles Community College Campus.
- Priority registration, academic tutoring, career exploration, and assistance with financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Monthly students check in to discuss student concerns, campus updates, and important deadlines on campus.
- A $1000 scholarship distributed to their student account each semester.
St. Charles Community College’s Men of Color: Student Success Program was featured on KSDK News.
Learn more about TJ Riley’s Story.
Qualifications for the MOC Program at St. Charles Community College
A student must:
- Be a first-time entering college student, who identifies as a man of color.
- Be a current high school senior, and graduate by spring 2023.
- Be a US Citizen and/or domestic student.
- Complete an SCC Admission Application for Fall 2023.
- Complete the MOC Application Packet.
--Submit their unofficial High School Transcript with your MOC application.
Please complete the following two (2) steps below:
Step 1: Complete the SCC Admission Application.
-Make sure to send your high school transcript to SCC before June 16th, 2023.
Step 2: Complete the MOC Scholarship Application Form.
-Application Opens January 1st, 2022
The deadline to receive applications for this Program is June 16th, 2023.
For additional information, please contact Chris Cross, Manager of the Office of Multicultural Student Engagement (OMSE) at firstname.lastname@example.org.