444 Insurance Information for Students


Health Insurance
The College recommends that all students seek health and accident insurance if they are not adequately covered by a family or work insurance plan. International students who were admitted on an F-1 visa are required to show proof of insurance (that meets SCC standards for use in the United States) prior to registration.  While the College does not endorse one insurance plan over another, the College will provide information about student insurance plans through the Enrollment Services Department.

Health insurance is required for anyone competing in intercollegiate athletics or club sports.


If students traveling on college-sponsored trips have medical insurance, they must provide the club advisor with a copy of the insurance card, in case of emergency. 

Policy Code Key
P Policy PR Procedure D Definition S Supplement

Content Owner: Donna Davis - ddavis@stchas.edu
Page Updated by: Jessica Trimborn
Date Issued: 4/01
Date Revised: 6/01, 11/15/2010, 06/20/2011