The St. Charles Community College family is proud of the men and women who have valiantly served in the U.S. Military. We welcome veteran students and families and offer assistance and guidance as you pursue your educational ambitions.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs determines the eligibility of educational benefits for veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces and/or their family members. If you or your family members are eligible for VA education benefits, the Coordinator of Veteran Services will certify your enrollment at SCC and also provide financial and academic counseling. SCC’s military “one-stop-shop” is a place you can come for comprehensive services from admission to graduation.
The Veteran Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014
The following individuals shall be charged the in-state/in-district rate, or otherwise considered a resident, for tuition purposes:
- Veteran using educational assistance under either Chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill – Active Duty Program) or Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill), of Title 38, United States Code, who lives in the State of Missouri while attending a school located in the State of Missouri (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of discharge from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in the State of Missouri while attending a school located in the State of Missouri (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of the transferor's discharge from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- A spouse or child using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in the State of Missouri while attending a school located in the State of Missouri (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of the service member’s death in the line of duty following a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
Anyone described above while he or she remains continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters or terms) at the same school. The person so described must have enrolled in the school prior to the expiration of the three-year period following discharge or death described above and must be using educational benefits under either Chapter 30 or Chapter 33, of Title 38, United States Code.
Many of the documents and information you need can be found on this page. For assistance, contact the Coordinator of Veteran Services at 636-922-8268.
All forms and additional required documents must be submitted to Enrollment Services, ADM 1204.
- Veteran Certification Request (PDF). This form authorizes SCC’s Coordinator of Veteran Services to provide information and certify your enrollment at SCC for a specified semester to the VA. This form must be completed for each term you would like to use VA education benefits.
- Veteran Certification Adjustment (PDF). You must notify the Coordinator of Veteran Services immediately after making any changes to your enrollment. This change must be reported to the VA within 30 days. Failure to report these changes may result in overpayment of benefits or overdue tuition charges.
- Veteran Advance Pay Request (PDF). An advance payment request pays your monthly benefit for first and second month in advance. The request must be made no later than 30 days prior to the start dates of the term. Advance payment is not available under Chapters 33 and 1607.
- Missouri Returning Heroes Act Application (PDF). This form is used to determine if a student qualifies for a tuition reduction under the Missouri Returning Heroes Act. If deemed eligible, tuition is reduced to $50 per credit hour enrolled at SCC (fees excluded). To qualify, you must meet all of the following criteria:
If you think you qualify, submit this form and your most recent DD214 (long form) to Enrollment Services, ADM 1204.
- Served in a combat zone any time between Sept. 11, 2001, and present.
- Were a Missouri resident at the time when first entering the military.
- Have been honorably discharged from active duty.
- Transcript Evaluation Request (PDF). Military education and training can be evaluated for credit. You must request and send your military transcript to SCC. You may also want to send official transcripts from other institutions where you received college credit for evaluation. This form requests your transcript(s) to be evaluated for credit upon receipt.
Where to Request Your Military Transcript:
- Change of Degree Program (PDF). Only courses that satisfy degree requirements will be certified for VA education benefits. Your current degree program must be accurate at all times.
If you change your degree program, you must complete this form and submit it to Enrollment Services, ADM 1113, and notify the VA school certifying official.
Department of Veterans Affairs Forms