A couple of points to remember before your meeting:
- The draft you bring in to be reviewed should be typed.
- ACE learning specialists are happy to provide assistance with:
- Learning specialists will give suggestions and point out prevalent grammatical errors. You will be guided to make your own corrections and changes. The final product must be yours, not the ACE learning specialists. We do not proofread papers.
- We want to provide you with the best guidance possible; please plan ahead when making appointments in order to allow time to revise work.
- Online tutoring for writing may be available upon request. Steps for Online Tutoring
You may come into the ACE Tutoring Center for help at any stage of the writing process. Such assistance may include the following:
- Discussing the assignment
- Developing ideas
Assistance with typed rough drafts
- Fulfillment of the assignment
- Thesis statement/conclusion
- Organization and development
- Grammatical and punctuation problems
- MLA, APA, and CMS documentation
Students in English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are given assistance in writing, general language structure, and conversation practice.