Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Temporary part-time or remote work during COVID-19
We understand the COVID-19 pandemic disrupts many students' employment situations. These resources were compiled to help students find full-time, part-time, remote, and work-from-home opportunities, and we will update them as often as we find more information.
Local hiring for face-to-face jobs in communities:
ProLogistix is hiring: Warehouse Associates, 1st and 2nd Shifts ($14 to $16 per hour), Forklift Operators (Sit Down), All Shifts ($15 to $17 per hour), Order Selectors/Processors, All Shifts ($15 to $16 per hour), and Reach Truck Operator, All Shifts ($16.50 per hour). To apply, call 314-209-7250 or go online at: www.prologistix.com.
ResourceMFG is hiring: Mig Welders, All Shifts ($15 to $18 per hour), Machine Operators, All Shifts ($15 to $18 per hour), Mechanic, 1st Shift ($18 per hour), Production Workers, 2nd and 3rd Shifts. To apply, call: 314-209-7250 or go online at: www.resourcemfg.com. Warehouse Associates, 1st and 2nd Shifts ($14 to $16 per hour)
- General Motors (GM) is hiring for part-time production workers for their Wentzville location. These are temporary positions, working as a direct employee for GM. Apply online: https://search-careers.gm.com/job/GENEA0084JR000000195ENUS/Production-Worker
- Daddy Ray’s Inc. has openings for Production Workers on all shifts. Starting Pay: $12.28 - $14.73/hr. Please apply in person at: 1070 Industrial Court, Moscow Mills, Missouri or on our page courtesy of Indeed.com – just search “Daddy Ray’s” to see all our current openings and apply. Daddy Ray’s offers an excellent benefits package, provides uniforms at no cost, and compensates for breaks/lunches. Call 636-366-9900 ext. 3899 for more details.
- The Missouri Department of Revenue has many opportunities for temporary Clerks in the Motor Vehicle and Licensing Offices in Jefferson City, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Springfield. They are also hiring temporary Revenue Section Supervisors to oversee the Clerks in those offices. Other postings include Revenue Processing Technician I/II, Tax Auditor I, and Tax Collection Technician I/II. All positions can be found at www.mocareers.mo.gov under Department of Revenue.
- St. Charles County Government is seeking Environmental Public Health Specialists for the Public Health Department to work during the COVID-19 pandemic. Seeking individuals who have management experience in any of the following industries: restaurant, hotel, fitness center, swimming pool, or related. Multiple positions are available and will work on a temporary basis (3 – 4 months). Various shifts will be available Sunday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. To Apply: All applications must be submitted through their self-service website at http://hr.sccmo.org/hr. They do not accept faxed, emailed, or print applications.
- Staffing Synergies, Inc. is hiring immediately in Edwardsville, IL for general laborers, forklift operators, and cycle counter associates. Fill out an application on site at 21 W. Gateway Commerce Center Dr., Edwardsville, IL 62025. Phone number for Human Resources is 618-931-7810. Must be 18 years old or over to apply.
- Raising Cane's restaurants are hiring right now. The two restaurants with the most open positions are the Lindenwood University location and the Ellisville location. To apply, text RCJOBS to 97211 (enter in zip code for specific location).
- Grocery stores, hardware stores, and pharmacy stores are hiring temporary staff to help with stocking and curbside delivery, and also to fill in for regular employees who have to stay home to care for family members or who are ill themselves - students should check with their local stores.
- Schnucks, Dierbergs, Sav-A-Lot, Fresh Thyme, Aldi , and Volpi Foods are all hiring.
- Food delivery jobs are available with Domino’s Pizza, Jets Pizza, and Little Caesar’s.
- Grocery delivery services (Shipt, Instacart, Walmart, Amazon Prime, etc)
- Third-party food delivery services (UberEats, Door Dash, Grubhub, Mr. Delivery, etc.)
- Some chain restaurants are hiring people to package orders, deliver orders, and to fill in for people who have had to take leave.
- Some local restaurants may be doing the same, if they're able to support additional staff.
- MOJobs has a section on their site of employers hiring immediately during COVID-19 and posts available jobs in Missouri that they receive from organizations.
- Amazon is mass-hiring for warehouses and delivery (expected to add around 100,000 employees to meet demand).
- Warehouse store Costco has many openings.
- Major retailers including Target and Walmart have open positions.
- CVS and Walgreens are mass hiring temporary customer service associates.
- Many convenience stores and gas stations have openings. (Mobile on the Run, Casey’s, QT)
- Medical service providers are hiring qualified personnel for everything from nursing to housekeeping. Check out SSM Health openings.
- Tutoring opportunities - since schools are closed, many families are seeking tutors. Check with neighbors, advertise on personal social media, or join your neighborhood on the Nextdoor app to search for opportunities.
- Charter Communications in Bridgeton, MO, is looking for Full Time Customer Service Representatives. Pay starts at $16.50/hr. with the potential to earn up to $18/hr. Apply at https://jobs.spectrum.com/…/customer-service-…/4673/16503209
- The Francis Howell School District is now hiring for custodial positions. These are full-time positions with a starting rate of $12.60 per hour. Apply online at https://tinyurl.com/FHSD-jobs
All of these sites have filters for temporary, remote or work from home, part-time, and entry level jobs:
- The Muse (only filters remote, entry-level, mid-level, senior-level)
- ZipRecruiter (only filters work from home and part-time)
- SkillCrush blog posted the best 25+ sites for finding remote jobs. The beginning of the article explains the difference between working from home, telecommuting, and working remotely; then each entry includes the website, what skills it focuses on, and how the site is organized. We did not vet any of these boards to see if candidates or employers are charged fees.
- SCC students or alumni (graduates): Want your resume reviewed before you apply? Email it to email@example.com and we will return an edited version within three business days.