How to Request a PIN Electronically
- Log on to www.pin.ed.gov.
- Select “Apply for a PIN.”
- Select “Next.”
- Enter the requested information.
- On the next screen select the option: “I agree not to share my PIN.”
- Choose how you would like to receive your PIN from the drop-down box.
- Click on “Submit my PIN application.”
- Print the PIN confirmation page for your records.
This site also let you manage your PIN with the following options:
- Check your PIN status
- Request a duplicate PIN
- Access your PIN email
- Change your PIN
- Update your personal information
- Disable your PIN
- Re-establish you PIN
- Activate your PIN
Select the appropriate option and follow the step-by-step instructions.
If you simply forgot your PIN, select "Request a Duplicate PIN" and then answer your challenge question to view your PIN.