How to Request an FSA ID Electronically
- Go to fsaid.ed.gov to create an FSA ID on any of the following websites: fafsa.gov, nslds.ed.gov, Studentloans.gov, StudentAid.gov, or teach-ats.ed.gov.
- Create a username and password, and enter your email address.
- Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, and challenge questions and answers.
- If you have a Federal Student Aid Pin, you will be able to enter it and link it to your FSA ID. You can still create an FSA ID if you have forgotten or do not have a PIN.
- Review your information, and read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Confirm your email address using the security code, which will be sent to the email address you entered when you created your FSA ID. Once you verify your email address, you can use it instead of your username to log in to the websites.
- You can use your FSA ID to sign a FAFSA right away. Once the Social Security Administration verifies your information in one to three days, or if you have linked your PIN to your FSA ID, you will be able to use your FSA ID to access the websites listed above. For help, visit Student Aid.gov/fsaid.
If you simply forgot your FSA ID, select "Edit My FSA ID" and then "Forgot My Username" and choose a method to retrieve your FSA ID.