SCC Student Film Festival
Seventh Annual SCC Student Film Festival, March 17
6:30 p.m. March 17, 2016
Watch the budding talent of area high school and SCC students at the seventh annual SCC Student Film Festival. The awards program will be held from 6:30-9 p.m. Thursday, March 17, 2016, in the Daniel J. Conoyer Social Sciences Building (SSB) auditorium. Winning entries will be screened in their entirety as will a compilation reel of clips from each submission. Plus, the audience will vote for the fan favorite.
Deadline: Entries are due by 5 p.m. Monday, March 14, 2016. See eligibility, film categories and submission guidelines for details.
Any SCC credit student enrolled during the 2015-2016 academic year or any current high school student who resides in St. Charles, Callaway, Lincoln, Montgomery, Pike, Warren, Franklin, St. Louis, Jefferson or Gasconade County or the Missouri Independent City of St. Louis.
- Documentary – 10 minutes or less: A presentation that records actual living characters and settings and/or details historical or current events. Infomercials, public relations videos, and promotional films are not eligible.
- Comedy Shorts – 9 minutes or less: Original or minimally inspired works of comedy. The film should challenge, entertain, and/or provoke.
- Drama Shorts – 9 minutes or less: Original or minimally inspired works of drama. The film should challenge, entertain, and/or provoke.
- Music Video – 5 minutes or less: Non-narrative work set to a single piece of music that captures the essence of the sound in a form of a story or creative output. May include minimal footage from other sources.
- Experimental/Animation – 6 minutes or less: All remaining genres of programs including, but not limited to, animation, experimental, computer graphics, special effects, and stop-frame techniques. All footage must be original.
- Submissions must be wholly produced, written, and/or directed by the person(s) offering the submission with creative responsibility belonging to the person(s) offering the submission.
- Works may be produced in any medium, but all submissions must be on DVD (set your software to Region 0) to be considered. Include three copies with your submission form; DVDs will not be returned.
- All rights, licenses, clearances, and releases necessary for exhibition or broadcast must be secured by the person(s) offering the submission.
- Submissions with incomplete entry forms will not be considered. If submitting two or more entries, the person(s) offering the submission must fill out an original submission form for each entry. Each entry must also be submitted on a separate set of DVDs. The sponsors shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the DVD(s).
- Entries that run long will not be viewed past the maximum time stated for the category. Preliminary judges will be required to watch no more than the first 10 minutes of each entry in all divisions.
- Submissions are due by 5 p.m. Monday, March 14, in the Humanities Building, Room 203.
Darren Osburn, professor, speech and communication
St. Charles Community College
4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive
Cottleville, MO 63376
St. Charles Community College is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your accommodations request. It is recommended that you contact the college 10 business days prior to the event. See Accessibility for Campus Guests.