Security Incidence Reporting
Security violations, suspected or confirmed, should be reported right away. SCC faculty, staff and students can report problems in several ways:
- Call the IT Helpdesk, 636-922-8555, and ask for assistance with an IT security problem.
- Contact the SCC Department of Public Safety, 636-922-8545, whenever criminal activity is suspected.
Information needed by the security contact:
- Your name, department, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.
- The name of the person who discovered the incident/crime and their contact information.
- Description of what happened.
- Date and time of the incident.
- Location where the incident occurred (department, building/room number).
- Names of individuals involved in incident (if known).
- Name of witnesses (if known).
- Documentation or logs of the incident (if available).
Non-adherence to SCC security policies may result in disciplinary action and contact of applicable law enforcement agencies.