- Bridge Program Option for LPNs
Bridge Program Option for LPNs
Articulation to the Associate Degree Nursing Program for Practical Nursing Graduates
St. Charles Community College, Department of Nursing supports the concept of articulation and has formulated a plan whereby Licensed Practical Nurses may request advanced standing in the Associate Degree Nursing Program offered by the College. LPN’s may “BRIDGE” into the A.D.N. program by successfully completing the admission requirements as outlined below.
Students must meet with an SCC Career Technical Counselor (636-922-8246) Room 1204, Administration Building, to begin the application process and pay the $25 application fee.
Admission Requirements to be Eligible for Enrollment in the Bridge Option:
- Applicants must have a current undisciplined LPN license for the state of Missouri, which includes IV certification.
- Applicants should have two years of clinical experience within the last three years, or have graduated from an LPN program in the last 2 years and have worked since graduation. A new LPN graduate must have at least 6 months of experience working as an LPN.
- Students must complete the assessment test (Room SC 133) OR submit official transcripts for college level English and math courses passed with a grade of “C” or better.
- Students must have all official transcripts on file and submit a "Request for Transcript Evaluation" form PRIOR to application.
- Students must successfully complete any developmental coursework required (RDG 091, 092, 093; ENG 095, 096; MAT 096, 098) or equivalent ESL required courses.
Grade Point Average
- Recent high school graduates (within five years or less), may present official high school transcripts with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above.
- Students with 12 hours of college credit (non-developmental) coursework must have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above. College credits supersede high school GPA.
- ACT score requirement is based on current GPA (see sliding scale).
- ACT must have been taken within five years from program start.
- Register for the ACT through www.actstudent.org. SCC is a testing center.
- The ACT will be waived for students who have completed a Bachelor Degree and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The ACT will be waived for students who have earned an Associate Degree and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The ACT will also be waived for students who have completed 45+ transferable college hours, including at least 30 general education hours, and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Admission to the nursing program is not final until the results from the mandatory drug screen and criminal background check are reviewed by the nursing department chair and division dean. Students who test positive on the drug screen will be denied admission for the current year. Students may be denied entry into the program based on criminal background results.
- Admission requirements must be met and all documents submitted no later than Nov. 15, for enrollment in the January semester Nursing Bridge Program. Please note there are a limited number of openings, and eligible students are placed in the Nursing Bridge Program on a first come, first served basis.
It is the student’s responsibility to supply documentation that requirements are met, and to maintain awareness of deadlines, academic status, course requirements, etc.