At SCC, community is important. It’s in our name. It’s in our hearts. And if you’ve been around here long enough, you know that we are as connected to our community as we are committed to our students. We get involved. We learn from one another. We grow. We get better together.
Arts, events, service, learning and fun … Our campus is alive with activity and you won’t want to miss out on the action. We’d like to invite you to join us on campus.
While there are many ways to get involved at SCC, here are 7 fun and easy ways you can plug into SCC life right now.
- Serve – Have you been looking for a way to roll up your sleeves and serve others? This is your chance to connect and work alongside students, faculty and staff doing service projects on campus and in local organizations. SCC’s Day of Service is Sept. 29. Alumni and friends who are not already on campus may contact the SCC Foundation staff if you are interested.
- Get involved in Manufacturing Day - Manufacturing Day on Tuesday, Oct. 3, has been designed to expand knowledge about and improve general public perception of manufacturing careers and manufacturing’s value to the North American economy.
- Bring your kids to campus – Trunktoberfest on Oct. 7 is just one of many fun ways to introduce your kids to campus life. With trick-or-treating, food trucks and a Halloween movie, this is a night to have a ‘spook’tacularly fun time with the family.
- Support the arts – You will be amazed at the talent. The Photography Invitational is going on now – Nov. 3, and upcoming performances of “Night of the Living Dead” by SCC’s Center Stage Theatre and of “You Ain’t Nothin’ But a Werewolf” by Young People’s Theatre will keep you coming back for more.
- Learn for life – There are so many ways to keep your mind sharp and your body active. Non-credit classes offer professional development and personal enrichment, and are enrolling now at our main campus and at the new campus at One Academy Place in Dardenne Prairie. See the list!
- Cheer for athletes – Did you know the Women’s Soccer team has been to the Region XVI championship three times? Or that SCC has a 16-time national champion Roller Hockey Club? Come on out and show your Cougar pride at one of SCC’s athletic events.
- Give – You can become a sponsor, vendor or supporter of SCC. The SCC Foundation welcomes partners in the community who believe in the power of education and want to have a presence on campus.
If you would like more information on any of these activities, contact us today!
Alumni & Friends – You can stay connected to your community college by signing up to receive this and other news and information via email from the St. Charles Community College Foundation.
About the SCC Foundation
The SCC Foundation, a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, enhances learning environments for thousands of students each year through scholarship awards, academic and program enhancements as well as community outreach.