MariaPizzo

Introduction – Maria

Welcome to my blog! If you’re reading this, you are most likely either one of my friends I vexed into checking out my posts, or you’re a fellow SCC web-surfer like myself. I first of all want to thank you for taking the time to read my posts. A blog cannot be successful without readers! So please-if you like what I post, let me know, and give me ideas and feedback as to what else you would like to see. I love insight from other people, and I would be so intrigued to find out your interests.

This post may seem like a little rant about myself, but I want my readers to see where I am coming from, because my posts will usually be related to things going on either in the news, or something interesting going on in my life that sparks my attention and I feel as though I should write about. But like I said, I would LOVE to hear anything that you guys want me to blog about so that we can hold better discussion more directed at your interests, so please please let me know what you want to hear!

My life is an upbeat journey, and I am always looking for ways to keep it interesting. I believe in the power of positivity and that a positive attitude can make for a positive life.

I love learning. Its something I am so passionate about, so I naturally enjoy attending my classes and expanding my knowledge. There is so much we do not know and that is absolutely amazing to me. My major is constantly changing, and I’ve thought a lot about studying finance but I currently am directed at philosophy. Why philosophy? I want to explore unknown questions of our world, and I’ve never found anything more interesting. I also have been debating on possibly studying law after I obtain my Bachelor’s, but who knows, I will probably change my mind yet again.

I believe that getting involved on campus through student organizations is extremely important. I am a member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society on campus. I currently serve as president of SCC’s Phi Beta Lambda chapter, which is an organization that has changed my life. I constantly keep updates on what we are doing through my Facebook page if you want to keep up to date with what we do, feel free to check it out! And if any of my readers are interested in becoming members, we always welcome new members, and I would love to help get you started. I am also one of the Vice Presidents of PBL for the state of Missouri, so I am a resource for any of the questions you may have about this organization at the local and state level, and I also have connections at the national level if there are any questions about that.

Kate Spade is my part-time employer and has been for the past five months. I was never much of a girly-girl, but it is so fun to see how excited people get over new purses and clothes! This job has definitely helped me learn how to become more fashionable (when I want to be, of course) and I never really thought I could be. If you want to hear about new trends and all of that jazz, feel free to ask me about it. I’ve gained a lot of knowledge about the Kate Spade line over the past few months that I would love to share with you.

I am also a nanny for several different families. Children have taught me so many things about myself! They have so much energy and the innocence they have is so refreshing to me. We need to watch their actions and learn from them. Sometimes children can teach us the best lessons. I know the ones I am close to have tested my patience several times, but it has all helped me become better at being a patient individual, so I am grateful for their existence in my life.

I am a huge fitness advocate. I currently work out at two different gyms and have been working on improving my body for almost two years now. I am a firm believer in putting hard work and time into your body, because you only get one! Why not make it the best it could be? I’ve thought about becoming a personal trainer a whole lot, because I believe that getting people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives would be such a rewarding task. Expect to see fitness posts from me! I’ve also been trying to make mini-work out clips of workouts for others to try, and if I am able to figure out how to upload them to my blogs I definitely will.

Now that you have a little bit of a handle on who I am, I hope you can see my perspective of things when reading my other posts, and like I said please feel free to give me your input on what you would like to hear about as well!

Bookmark the permalink.

One Comment

1. This is awesome!!!!!
    I am a follower!