Computer Science – Database Management
Database managers coordinate changes to computer databases and test and implement databases by applying knowledge of database management systems. They modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes. They may plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
What You Will Learn:
- Creation and management of files, file groups, databases, tables and transaction logs
- Enforcement of data integrity using constraints, defaults and rules
- Plan and design of data for appropriate use by users and application programs
- GIS: Adding graphic elements to records in data tables for features on the Earth’s surface
- Creation of different views of data for different users
- Creation and design of stored procedures
- Creation and design of triggers such as automatic reordering
- Manipulation of distributed data
Transferring Credits to a Four-Year Program?
The four-year program of your choice always has the final say. SCC students find, however, that general education credits transfer quite successfully. The courses specific to this SCC degree/certificate are most often completely transferable as well, although some transfer as electives.
Computer Science Home
Employers, interested in hiring SCC graduates or student interns? Find out more.