Pre-Health Professions Transfer Program (Medical, Dental, Optometry, Pharmacy, Veterinary) Schedule Guide

Apply Now!

Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.

Apply Now!

Financial Aid

See all the options that make SCC affordable for all.

Financial Aid

Transfer Info

Make a smooth transition to a four-year institution.


Pre-Health Professions Suggested Transfer Program (Medical, Dental, Optometry, Veterinary) Schedule Guide

Department: Occupational Therapy Assistant Program

Total Credit Hours: 64 credits

Suggested Schedule Planning

Course Title Credits
Italicized courses are recommended to be taken for elective credits.
First Semester (18 credits)
ENG 101 English Composition I 3
MAT 180 Calculus & Analytic Geometry I 5
BIO 150 General Biology I 5
CHM 115 General Chemistry I 5
COL 101 College Success Seminar 1
Second Semester (15 credits)
ENG 102 English Composition II 3
CHM 116 General Chemistry II 5
BIO 151 General Biology II 5
Social Science (Group I) 3
Third Semester (17-18 credits)
CHM 240 Organic Chemistry I and
CHM 222 Quantitative Analysis or
PHY 150/153 General Physics I with Lab++ 5-6
Humanities (Group I) 3
Social Science 3
Humanities (Group II) 3
Computer Science 3
Fourth Semester (17-18 credits)
CHM 241/243 Organic Chemistry II or
PHY 151/154 General Physics I with Lab++ 4-5
SPE 101 Oral Communications 3
Social Science (Group II) 3
Humanities 3
Multicultural/Valuing 3
COL 299 Sophomore Portfolio Assessment 1
Total Hours Required For Graduation: 64 credits

The student who plans to prepare for one of the areas of pre-health professions needs to contact the school(s) to which he/she plans to apply for admission requirements. Schools vary in their entrance requirements for their programs. The above courses are a general course of study that is common for various health professional schools. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is advised. Usually, students may major in any field of study, provided they take courses that will also fulfill admission requirements for the professional school. It is wise for students to choose a major field of study that they would want to pursue in the event they do not go to the professional school. Planning for an alterative career is strongly advised as admission to professional schools is highly competitive, highly selective and limited.

++ Some professional schools need PHY 240 and 241, College Physics, instead of PHY 150 and 151, General Physics. The Organic Chemistry sequence or Physics sequence should be taken. Whichever sequence is not taken at SCC will need to be taken at the transfer college.

Students who determine their major field of study and transfer institution are in the best position to take appropriate transfer courses at SCC. Generally, courses taken that meet the Associate of Arts Degree requirements are readily accepted by Missouri four-year institutions and meet the General Education Requirements at many public four-year institutions. However, some four-year institutions are more strict than others in accepting credits. Consequently, students should contact their transfer institution for final determination of transferability. Should you experience difficulty transferring your SCC coursework to another institution, contact the vice president for student services for assistance with an appeal to the receiving institution.

SCC's 42-semester-hour general education block of credit complies with the statewide general education policy. Students who complete this 42-hour block of credit will meet the requirement for the 42-hour block of general education credit for signatory institutions in the state of Missouri . See the CBHE Web site, for the list of colleges who will accept the 42-hour block. Courses taken in addition to General Education Requirements need to be carefully chosen to ensure that each course applies to the baccalaureate graduation requirements for the program of study at the college to which you intend to transfer. It is the transfer student's responsibility to become familiar with the specific major and graduation requirements of the baccalaureate institution to which you intend to transfer.

Students wanting to earn an Associate of Arts Degree are responsible for completing the graduation requirements for the college catalog in effect at the time of their initial enrollment or any subsequent catalog provided the student does not discontinue enrollment for two consecutive semesters (excluding summer) or more. Students who discontinue enrollment for two consecutive semesters or more are required to follow the catalog in effect at the time of their return.

The italicized courses are recommended, not required, to be taken for the elective hours needed for the degree. Elective courses should be chosen based on the student's major and transfer institution. COL 101 is required for all first time freshmen taking 9 or more hours in Spring or Fall, or 5 or more hours in Summer.

For more information call 636-922-8241.

Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates

Contact Information

Denise Lammers,
Office Coordinator
Email »
Francie Woods,
Program Chair
Email »
Office Hours

8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Hours may vary during summer – please call to confirm.