- Mid Rivers Review
Mid Rivers Review
Mid Rivers Review, the literary journal of St. Charles Community College, is published annually by the English Department. The journal contains poetry, prose and artwork contributed by students, staff, faculty and area residents.
Mid Rivers Review can be purchased in the SCC Bookstore or by calling 636-922-8407. You can also read the journal online by clicking on the cover or view the journal pdf.
Mid Rivers Review Submission Guidelines
- Original, unpublished poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, and artistic black and white photos, may be submitted from September through January. Entries will be accepted throughout the year.
- No simultaneous submissions. Entries will not be returned. Enclose a SASE for notification of entry status.
- All written submissions must be typed as a Microsoft Word document using 12-point type and a standard font. Author's name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript. With each entry, please staple a sealed envelope containing the work's title, and the author's name, address, phone numbers and email address.
- Poems should be single-spaced, one poem per page, with stanza and line breaks clearly indicated; limit 4 poems.
- Fiction or essay entries should be 1500 words or less, double-spaced (5-6 double-spaced pages); limit two prose entries.
- Black and white photos or artwork entries should be submitted initially as 4 x 6 (or larger) prints. Color entries will be considered for cover. Electronic submission of photos may be required.
- If work is accepted, author must provide work in electronic format on CD or disk (one disk, with each entry as a separate document), or as email attachment (Microsoft Word or PDF).
- Complete the submission form and mail entries to: Virginia Guneyli, Editor, Mid Rivers Review, HUM 203, St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, Cottleville, MO 63376.
- Individuals whose work is selected for publication will be contacted for a brief bio, and upon publication will receive two complimentary copies of the journal.
Mid Rivers Review Archives
Excerpts from The Mid Rivers Review