- Occupational Therapy Assistant Skills
Occupational Therapy Assistant Skills
What abilities and skills do you need?
OTAs have a very physically demanding job that requires stooping, bending, lifting, coordination and flexibility. Successful OTAs also must have good interpersonal skills, be able to work with a wide variety of people, be organized and self-directed, and be team players.
Would you like this work?
Ask yourself the following questions as you consider this field.
- Do you like to be around and work with people?
- Do you like science?
- Do you like the field of medicine?
- Can you work independently with little direct supervision?
- Do you have patience?
- Can you wait for extended periods of time before you see results of your work?
- Do you like to work with your hands?
- Are you creative and a good problem solver?
If this sounds like you, you may have just found your career!